December 18, 2008

Twilight

It happened; I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon and saw the movie today. I would have seen it sooner, but never had time to do so. I haven’t read the books yet (but plan on doing that ASAP), I’d only seen the previews and trailer for it. I have to say that it does live up to the hype – it is a very good movie. I am sure the book is better though – aren’t they always? Personally, I’d rather sit and watch a movie longer to put more into it from a book than know they take out as much as they do. Anyways moving on…

I live in a small town area, so there aren’t any great movie theaters. My Mom and I went to go see this movie this afternoon half expecting to be amongst only a handful of people in the theater. Last time we saw a movie there it was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. We were the only two in the theater. It was quite nice actually. No annoying kids crying or loud obnoxious movie-goers. Today there were a few more, but still just a handful of people (none of which were very obnoxious).

During the previews I noticed the screen was rather blurry on the top portion of the screen. I do need glasses because I have a hard time seeing too far away, but this was not from that. No, the screen was blurry and then it would go away and be normal and then come back again a few minutes later. I was hoping it would stop once the movie was actually playing. It didn’t.

The movie was great. I knew it would be though, I mean how could it not be? Bella Swan (played by Kristen Stewart) and Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) had such hot chemistry! The rumors of them two being together, or possibly in the future could definitely be true. Robert Pattinson played a great vampire. This is the type of vampire movie I love. Hot and sexy vampires like this is what it is all about. I detest vampire movies with vampires like those in 30 Days of Night. Bella and Edward’s love reminds me a bit of Buffy and Angel from the Buffy the Vampire series (I also was quite fond of that show).



After the movie was out, my Mom and I complained to the people who worked there about their blurry screen. Apparently, they knew it had a problem and might even be closing that screen tonight. So, why did they have it in there? They had Twilight on 2 screens. Idiots. I asked for free tickets because of their problem and not being able to see it right, and guess what? We got 2 free passes to see Twilight again. So, we’re probably going to go see it again next week sometime.

I can’t wait to start reading the books. Have any of you seen the movie and/or read the books?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only seen the movie - 4 times!!!!!! I love it!

Jen said...

I haven't read the books - yet! I've seen the movie a couple times though. Edward is H-O-T! Great pics you posted here too... MMM

JAMIE'S CREW said...

First, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Twilight: I have read the first two books, but I have not yet seen the movie. The first two books are excellent! In fact, I read them within 2 weeks, and I am now going back and re-reading the first book. There were so many innuendos in the first book that did not make sense in the first reading. They make perfect sense now and I am reading just as avidly the second time through. I am exited to read the third installment.

Some of my friends have read the book AND seen the movie. They claim the books are far better!

I highly recommend reading the books as soon as possible!

Shareen Mohd Saleh said...

Read the books. Seen the movie. Books rule! ^_^

Eventhough I think that physically, Robert Pattinson is great as Edward, but acting wise... not so much. Could've been more angsty. Kristen however was just spot on! Oh, and Team Jasper all the way!

shawn said...

OH you will so love the books.. they were so much better than the movie.. and I liked the movie too!! in fact.. I think that I could go again.. 2 times wasn't enough!! and you will like the movie better the 2nd time too!!