April 1, 2009

Obama Gives Queen Elizabeth an iPod

I found this article today stating that, President Obama gave Queen Elizabeth an iPod during their private meeting at Buckingham Palace, the BBC reports. "It contains footage of her state visit to the US in May 2007. The Queen has given the president a silver framed photograph of herself and her husband. The official picture is what she gives all visiting dignitaries."

Why am I posting this bit of worldly news? I find it to be funny and wanted to share it with all of you. I mean really, an iPod? Come on Obama! Don’t get me wrong, I love my iPod but if I were President I would not be giving one to Queen Elizabeth. Prince Henry or Prince William yeah, but Queen Elizabeth? No way! She probably watched the footage once and then gave it to someone to stow away in a vault somewhere or something. I would have given something tasteful from somewhere like Tiffany's.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? What would you give the Queen?

9 comments:

Bobby G said...

THE FINGER! OH! lol

Liz said...

I think your idea of something elegant from Tiffany's is a great idea.

I'll keep my opinions of Obama to myself!

Brenda Susan said...

Yah, I kinda thought the same thing. But who knows? Maybe she is techie savvy? Wouldn't you love to hear what she said about it when they left?

Lee said...

Eh. I think it's better than a teapot or something. It was something she probably didn't have.

Jenny Beans said...

I would have baked the Queen scones and given them to her in a vintage tin. She would have snubbed them, I know it.

Wendyburd1 said...

At least his gift was personalized though. She gives everyone a picture of herself...wow.

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Sheri:)

As far as I know she already has an iPod.

I would have given her a silver comb. I hope she has hair on her head :)

Best wishes :)

Lucky Irish Gal said...

Funny that you should ask...Yesterday you asked about my post and which presidents I am related to. I put up the link for you on my blog. However, it will also tell you I am related to her! Yep distantly enough to not really count but the current Queen of England resides in the tangled branches of my family tree. SO I would give her a flier to the annual family BBQ. BTW I think Isaac Newton is awesome! Go you!

Toronto Realtor said...

Actually, the Queen requested the video iPod the president gave her, and he filled it with footage of her American visits and 40 showtunes, he also presented her with a rare songbook signed by Richard Rodgers, the Broadway composer who wrote one of the Queen's fave musicals, "Oklahoma!". So say what you want, I think it was a thoughtfull and original gift. At least it's not a boring picture frame or something.

Take care, Elli