One of my favorite TV shows is Vikings on the History Channel. If you are looking for an interesting Halloween or cosplay costume that shows your Viking spirit, this is definitely one you want to check out for costume inspiration!
October 22, 2014
October 11, 2014
Leadership Lessons: Avoiding the Pitfalls of King Saul by Ralph K. Hawkins and Richard Leslie Parrott
Leadership Lessons: Avoiding the Pitfalls of King Saul by Ralph K. Hawkins and Richard Leslie Parrott is a valuable tool for any Christian that is in a leadership role. You not only learn what is good to do as a leader, but also what is not good to do, which is just as valuable to learn as the authors also point out ideas and solutions to learn from the negative ways as well.
“Rise above mediocrity and become indispensable after working through ten timeless lessons from Scripture. Leadership Lessons: Avoiding the Pitfalls of King Saul is a practical leadership guide that avoids abstract ideas and unproven steps. Instead, biblical studies professor and pastor Dr. Ralph Hawkins along with leadership expert and education professor Dr. Richard Parrott tell the stories of King Saul’s leadership missteps and connect those stories with the challenges facing leaders. In today’s climate of rapid change, intense competition, and moral relativism, find valuable advice that will give your leadership a firm foundation in sound biblical principles.
· References to ten sound biblical principles of leadership
· Examples illustrate how to apply these lessons to your life
· Action points give you concrete steps to improve your leadership skills
· Checklists help church, business, and community leaders excel” – Leadership Lessons: Avoiding the Pitfalls of King Saul
Leadership Lessons: Avoiding the Pitfalls of King Saul is a great book for leaders to read. I never really thought about King Saul with leader roles in today’s society until I read this, but it is a great lesson on how we can learn from the past to make our futures a better place to live in. King Saul failed miserably at many things, but his failures can prove to teach us, even today, and hopefully lead us to being more successful leaders. I definitely recommend this book for leaders or anyone in business to read.
* Thank you to the publisher of Leadership Lessons: Avoiding the Pitfalls of King Saul, Thomas Nelson, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
The Spirit-Filled Life by Charles F. Stanley is a book that shows you how to go beyond the motions of being a Christian and invite the Holy Spirit to actually be a part of your life. If you have ever felt like something was missing in your life, and needed help with faith, this is a book that is definitely meant for you to read!
“A wise, measured, and deeply passionate invitation to a Spirit-filled life
Are you trying your best to be a good Christian but still feel something’s missing? Do the peace and joy you long for seem to elude you? Does following Christ sometimes feel like a lot of work—or like it’s just not working very well?
Much has been written and spoken—and argued!—about the Holy Spirit and what it means to be filled with the Spirit. Charles Stanley cuts through the confusion and introduces you to a living Person as real and active as God the Father and Christ the Son. Through personal stories, biblical exploration, and insightful explanation, he will help you discover:
· who the Spirit is—and how to develop a relationship with Him
· who the Spirit isn’t—and how to avoid damaging misconceptions
· how being “filled” with the Spirit actually works
· what the Bible really teaches about spiritual “signs” such as speaking in tongues
· how the Spirit can increase your capacity for faith, hope, love, and personal transformation
· what it means to “hear” the Spirit’s voice
· how to make the most of your unique spiritual gifting to build up Christ’s body
· what happens when the Spirit’s power is unleashed in your workplace, your family life, your friendships, and every other area of your life
In The Spirit-Filled Life Charles Stanley reveals how to recognize and begin to live with the guiding presence of the Holy Spirit.” – The Spirit-Filled Life
The Spirit-Filled Life is a book that really spoke to me. Sometimes when going through life, I haven’t made the time for my faith like I should have been doing. Something did feel missing, but I have been on the path to re-finding it, and am pleasantly surprised by how much this book could have helped years ago for me! It is an excellent resource that helps anyone to discover the joy of welcoming the Holy Spirit into your life. It doesn’t cost anything extra to do and can bring in a happiness that can’t truly be filled in your spirit in any other way. I love the message of this book and the stories included in it. I highly recommend it!
* Thank you to the publisher of The Spirit-Filled Life, Thomas Nelson, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
If Publix is near you (besides being lucky for having my favorite grocery store nearby) you can also save big this weekend on your weekly trip to the grocery store!
From October 9 – 15, you can save:
- Save $2 when you buy any one (1) Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise (22oz or larger) and Deli Item (any variety, $2 minimum)
- Save $2 when you buy any two (2) boxes of Quaker® Chewy® Granola Bars and Sliced Deli Meat (any variety, $2 minimum).
- Save $2 when you buy any one (1) Nature Valley™ Protein Granola Cereal and Fresh Fruit (any variety, $2 minimum).
- Save $2 when you buy any two (2) Propel® items (6pk 500ml) and Fresh Fruit (any variety, $2 minimum).
- Save $1 when you buy any two (2) Knorr® Sides and Meat (any variety, $1 minimum).
- Save $1 when you buy any one (1) Betty Crocker™ Potatoes (3.7 - 6.6oz) and Meat (any variety, $1 minimum).
- Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Lipton® (128fl oz)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Lipton® Tea (100ct)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Progresso™ 100% Natural Broth
- 10 for $10 on Betty Crocker™ Potatoes (3.7 - 6.6oz)
My favorite part about this savings event is that it is going to save money on sandwiches for lunches! The Publix deli is seriously one of my favorite parts of Publix because they have such good deli meat and cheese! Plus, a little mayo to go with the meat leads to savings with this event! Win-win!
Another favorite from the list here is the Buy 1 and get 1 FREE on the Progresso broth. This can make some great soups which are great for this time of the year.
Before you go to the store, be sure to go online to publix.com and see your weekly local ad for extra savings or coupons you can use while there!
“Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by General Mills through Platefull Co-Op.”