The Spirit-Filled Life by Charles F. Stanley is a book that shows you how to go beyond the motions of being a Christian and invite the Holy Spirit to actually be a part of your life. If you have ever felt like something was missing in your life, and needed help with faith, this is a book that is definitely meant for you to read!
“A wise, measured, and deeply passionate invitation to a Spirit-filled life
Are you trying your best to be a good Christian but still feel something’s missing? Do the peace and joy you long for seem to elude you? Does following Christ sometimes feel like a lot of work—or like it’s just not working very well?
Much has been written and spoken—and argued!—about the Holy Spirit and what it means to be filled with the Spirit. Charles Stanley cuts through the confusion and introduces you to a living Person as real and active as God the Father and Christ the Son. Through personal stories, biblical exploration, and insightful explanation, he will help you discover:
· who the Spirit is—and how to develop a relationship with Him
· who the Spirit isn’t—and how to avoid damaging misconceptions
· how being “filled” with the Spirit actually works
· what the Bible really teaches about spiritual “signs” such as speaking in tongues
· how the Spirit can increase your capacity for faith, hope, love, and personal transformation
· what it means to “hear” the Spirit’s voice
· how to make the most of your unique spiritual gifting to build up Christ’s body
· what happens when the Spirit’s power is unleashed in your workplace, your family life, your friendships, and every other area of your life
In The Spirit-Filled Life Charles Stanley reveals how to recognize and begin to live with the guiding presence of the Holy Spirit.” – The Spirit-Filled Life
The Spirit-Filled Life is a book that really spoke to me. Sometimes when going through life, I haven’t made the time for my faith like I should have been doing. Something did feel missing, but I have been on the path to re-finding it, and am pleasantly surprised by how much this book could have helped years ago for me! It is an excellent resource that helps anyone to discover the joy of welcoming the Holy Spirit into your life. It doesn’t cost anything extra to do and can bring in a happiness that can’t truly be filled in your spirit in any other way. I love the message of this book and the stories included in it. I highly recommend it!
* Thank you to the publisher of The Spirit-Filled Life, Thomas Nelson, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.