March 6, 2015

Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary edited by Ronald F. Youngblood

Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary by Ronald F. Youngblood is a detailed bible resource or dictionary that is perfect for anyone who reads the bible. This would be great to have on hand for bible study groups or to add to your shelf for when you may need further clarification when reading the bible.


Book Description
Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary is the most comprehensive and up-to-date Bible dictionary available. With a fresh new look and updated photographs, this new and enhanced edition is a wealth of basic study information with more than 7,000 entries plus more than 500 full-color photographs, maps, and pronunciation guides.

Features include:
·         Cross-references to major translations
·         More than 7,000 up-to-date entries
·         More than 500 full-color photographs and maps
·         Enlarged type size for easier reading
·         Visual Survey of the Bible from The Open Bible” – Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary


My Thoughts
Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary is a great find! Not only does it have more than 7,000 entries and over 500 illustrations, but it is also in large font for those who can’t read the smaller text that many Bibles are written in. One small thing that I appreciate in this reference book is that it includes the pronunciation for the entries. Because, in all seriousness, who actually pronounces all of these words and names correctly all the time? I know I sure don’t!

I fully enjoyed reading through this Bible Dictionary and treasure it on my bookshelf for when I need help figuring out something in the Bible. Not only have I enjoyed it, but my Dad also picked up this book and dived right in for further clarification on some entries he was currently reading. He liked the font size and also the illustrations that were included in it. We both highly recommend it!



* Thank you to the publisher of Nelson’s Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Thomas Nelson, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.


No comments: