September 29, 2009

The Busy People's Fast and Frugal Cookbook By Dawn Hall

Thanks to Thomas Nelson I was able to review the new cookbook The Busy People's Fast and Frugal Cookbook By Dawn Hall. It says that it has “perfect recipes for any cook with little time and even less money.”

I selected this book because I want to learn how to cook better meals that don’t take hours to prepare and cook. I’m too busy for that! Since this cookbook has meals that are all cooked in 30 minutes or less I thought it would be a great tool to help simplify mealtimes.

As soon as the cookbook arrived, I browsed through it and was really quite surprised by how many great recipes were included.

Here are some of my favorites:

Breakfast:
Italian Breakfast Pizza, Banana Crème Crepes, Southwestern Egg Bake Casserole

Appetizers:
Cheesy Cranberry Spread

Salads:
Chicken and Mandarin Orange Chopped Salad

Soups:
Egg Drop Soup
Creamy Chicken and Noodle Soup

Main Dishes:
Little Italy Open-faced Sandwiches
Penne in Creamy Italian Sauce
Cheese is King Macaroni and Cheese – “guilt-free”
Oriental Chicken Pot Pie

Sides:
European Asparagus
Spiced Baked Oranges

Breads and Biscuits:
Garlic and Parmesean Rye Toast
Cheddar Chive Bagel Crisps

Desserts:
Pineapple Cherry Delight
Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Beverages:
Strawberry Smoothie

Those were just some of my favorites; there are many more great and healthy recipes in this cookbook. If you’re looking for a great cookbook that will help you cook healthy meals in under 30 minutes, this is the book to get!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! This would be perfect for me! Now do they really take 30 minutes? Or is it like Rachel Ray who "says" they will take 30 minutes but somehow it always ends up taking me an hour?....

Sheri, RN said...

lol they seem to take about 30 mins and there are some recipes that are 5, 10, 15 or 20 minutes. Not bad!

Lee said...

Wow, I totally need to do this now.
I need good food since I'm working.

Unknown said...

that's really what i need.. recipe that dont take a lotta time!

Unknown said...

these all sound so delicious right now!

Andhari said...

Oooh yummyyy! Penne, bread, mac and cheese and banana crepes? Count me in, I'm clapping like a hungry baby seal.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

OH this is a great cook book- i really don't cook and if i do, I need easy/quick recipes :)

Shauna said...

Good Morning! You won on my Trying To Stay Calm blog.. come see! Please e-mail me at: tryingtostaycalm@gmail.com

Sheri, RN said...

Cooking healthy ahead of time before work or school is a great habit to get into :)

Couture Carrie said...

Your faves sound delicious!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! I love cookbooks!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Def need to pick that up! I wanna try the cheddar chive bagel chips!