August 1, 2012

2012 Olympics – Gymnastics, Michael Phelps and a Swimming Video – Oh My!


I love the Olympics. I remember watching it when I was a little kid and just being so fascinated with all of the amazing athletes.  It was this reason I wanted to swim all the time (plus I loved swimming) and why I wanted to be in gymnastics. Although I was never an all-star athlete or Olympian, I enjoyed it and have been watching both sports ever since. My favorite is gymnastics and rhythmic gymnastics (in case you were wondering).

This year the Olympics is in London, which is on a side note, somewhere I really have to go one day. If you haven’t been watching any of the Olympics, it is aired on NBC in the USA, and you should really put it on. I’ve been TiVo’ing it so I don’t miss any of my favorite competitions that are aired. We don’t get to watch it live, but that is okay with me. I am a nervous wreck when not knowing if we’ll win things like the Women’s Gymnastic team competition which we won gold in!



I’m so proud of Team USA being so amazing and winning the gold. HUGE congratulations to the Fab Five! Gabrielle Douglas, Aly Raisman, Jordyn Wieber, McKayla Maroney and Kyla Ross are amazing! I can’t wait to see what else they win in.



Also, Michael Phelps is now the most decorated Olympian from his 19th medal win yesterday! He is a beast! A sexy swimming beast that is!

Team USA doesn’t just win medals though; they also have fun and make YouTube spoofs like this one on the song that’ll stay in your head all day. “Call Me Maybe” Olympic swimmer version (really, watch it)!


Are you watching the Olympics? Who are you cheering for? Do you have a favorite sport?

I’m Team USA!

7 comments:

Sheri, RN said...

Also... does anyone else notice the look on that Russian gymnast's face? :(

Mandy said...

Great post! I am cheering for USA too! The gymnasts and swimmers are doing sooo good! Overall though we're doing amazing! Love that video too!!!!

Rose said...

Go USA!!!

Anonymous said...

USA is doing amazing!

Steph said...

I am so proud of the USA Olympic Team! Michael Phelps is in fact a sexy beast with 22 medals now. 18 of which are gold. I hope he doesn't quit. I'd love to see him in the next one in Rio!

Michelle said...

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Anonymous said...

That is the best youtube cover ever.