May 10, 2014

Get It Done by Sam Bennett

Get It Done by Sam Bennett is a book for procrastinators and anyone who wants to get things done. If you find that you are putting things off and not doing what you really want to do, or have to do, this is definitely a book you will want to read!


Book Description
Creative people tend to see the world a little differently than everyone else. But that doesn’t mean they can’t zero in on their goals, get focused, get organized, and not only accomplish what they want to achieve but earn money doing it. In Get It Done, a beloved teacher and successful writer, actor, and comedian helps you get a handle on your own particular — even peculiar — creative process and harness your energies in positive, productive, and income-generating ways. Sam Bennett’s innovative exercises, inspiring true success stories, and bonus online components will shift your thinking and prompt the kind of insights that turn underperforming geniuses into accomplished artists.Get It Done


My Thoughts
Get It Done is a brilliant self-help book that really helps creative types focus in on getting the projects they want to do done. Many things can block you from accomplishing your goals, and with the exercises and insight from this book, you can get the motivation and insight into yourself to actually do it.

As someone who considers herself both creative and organized (most of the time), I am also sometimes a procrastinator, especially when it comes to the creative things I want to do. Sure, I can get my nursing school homework finished way before time, and study with enough time to make good grades, but when it comes to writing that book I started years ago, or a painting I’ve wanted to do, I just don’t do it. Instead, I do things like re-organized my closet, sort my bookcases, or some other random thing I don’t really need to be doing. If you can relate, this is definitely a book you need to read to help get you back to doing those creative things you actually want to start, or finish.

This is an excellent book that I highly recommend to anyone looking to do anything creative. If you think you don’t have the time to do it, then I recommend this book to you even more!



* Thank you to the publisher of Get It Done, New World Library, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: