December 17, 2010

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, Chuck Fischer


A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is a classic tale that has been told during the Christmas season for many generations. This version of the story is featured in a beautiful pop-up book created by Chuck Fischer that is sure to captivate even the youngest listeners at bedtime.


Book Description
“This beautiful re-imagining of Charles Dickens's timeless fable, A Christmas Carol: A Pop-Up Book features artist Chuck Fischer's richly painted depictions of the tale of Ebenezer Scrooge and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, brought to life in intricate pop-up scenes by paper engineer Bruce Foster. The entire text of A Christmas Carol is reproduced in five removable, illustrated, keepsake booklets. An introductory booklet provides a biography of Dickens and an illustrated feature on the enduring appeal of this beloved story.” – A Christmas Carol


My Thoughts
A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite Christmas stories. I loved seeing the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. If this is one of your favorite tales, you will definitely want to check out this pop-up book to add to your library or Christmas goodies to share with your family.

This version of the classic story is absolutely magnificent. The pop-ups are beautiful and includes a section of the story to go with each area that the adult can pull out to read to the children (or themselves) while looking at the expertly crafted pop-up page to go with it.

I showed this book to my parents, and my Nana that was visiting from out of town when it arrived, and they all thought it was amazing. It is really a perfect book to add for your family to enjoy for generations (as long as little hands don’t grab and tear the pop-ups). I highly recommend this book to everyone who loves the story and wants to pass it on to their children or grandchildren in a very special way.



* Thank you to the publisher of A Christmas Carol, Little, Brown and Company, part of the Hachette Book Group for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

5 comments:

Andhari said...

Loving the recap. Are you excited about christmas coming up? Have you finished all your shopping?:)

Sheri, RN said...

Thanks :) I am rather excited for Christmas. I'm pretty much finished shopping too. I started awhile ago (one of those early list makers).... lol

Lucy said...

Oh, I am so glad I popped in here today. I just starred this because I need a couple of books for little ones and this will be perfect!!!

Pearl said...

One of my favorite holiday stories. It has everything: lost love, sin, redemption. :-)

Pearl

Anonymous said...

Andrari same here, I also liked it.

san francisco chiropractor