September 13, 2011

Is Your House Haunted? by Debi Chestnut

Is Your House Haunted? by Debi Chestnut reveals the types of ghosts that could be inhabiting your home, or explain why it could be something normal and not paranormal. If you think you might have some invisible invaders in your house, this is the book for you!


Book Description
A door slams shut by itself. The scent of pipe tobacco drifts through an empty room. You hear your name being called, even though you know you're home alone. It seems as if your house is being visited—or invaded—by someone or something, and you're terrified. Is there a logical explanation, or do you have a real-life ghost on your hands?

There's no reason to live in fear. This friendly beginner's guide offers reassurance and practical advice on identifying, and putting a stop to, any paranormal activity that's creeping you out. Discover how to rule out any earthly explanations for strange phenomena. A comprehensive overview of all kinds of hauntings and ghosts-from harmless family spirits to aggressive poltergeists to malevolent demons-will help you understand and identify your unearthly houseguest. If you still want to banish your ghost, you'll find plenty of simple, effective techniques to get the job done, and guidance on when it might be necessary to call in paranormal experts.

Is Your House Haunted? also includes a paranormal FAQ and advice on how to talk to children about ghosts.” – Is Your House Haunted?


My Thoughts
Is Your House Haunted? helps those who think their home might be haunted. It doesn’t go into too much depth on any certain subject, but that is okay because it wasn’t meant to do that. This is a book for those who don’t know very much about ghosts, ghost hunting, or de-bunking things that might scare you, but are actually normal.

As a ghost hunter myself, I did enjoy reading this book as a refresher to things I knew, and I even learned a few things that I’d never read or encountered in the paranormal field before too. Debi Chestnut does a great job giving a large amount of information about ghosts, in an easy to read, and un-scary manner.

If you think that your home is haunted, I think that this book should definitely be read before calling in a paranormal investigative team to investigate your home. After reading it, you might find that the things you think are ghosts actually aren’t. If you can’t debunk the possible ghosts, then you will at least be prepared to know what having a team coming to your home will entail.

Overall, I think that this is a great book about haunted homes and ghosts. It would be an extremely helpful tool for those that think their home is haunted, and also a fantastic guide for those starting out in the paranormal field. I highly recommend it.



* Thank you to the publisher of Is Your House Haunted?, Llewellyn, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

You are a ghost hunter?That is soooo coooool! I'm going to buy this to see if my house is haunted! I don't think it is, but you never know right!

Anonymous said...

I think my house is haunted. I don't want a group to come into my home though no offense. I just don't think that I could trust people enough to do tht. I will grab this book next time I shop on amazon. Thank you dear.

Rick said...

I'm glad that as a fellow ghost hunter, you would recommend this book to others. I'll take your suggestion and purchase it. It is a field in which we constantly learn, so who knows I might just learn something new from it too.

linda said...

i am an avid ghost...spirit lover and really enjoyed this book. i enjoy researching the spirit world whenever i can.