September 24, 2011

The Little Book of True Ghost Stories by Echo Bodine

The Little Book of True Ghost Stories by Echo Bodine is a perfect book to read in time for Halloween. It is all about ghosts, and has some very good real life ghost stories inside. If you think you might have a ghost, there is even a checklist included, as well as examples on how to get them to leave.


Book Description
“Barroom brawler ghosts, a ghost prayer group, Peeping Tom ghosts, a ghost who hates children, and even a ghost who didn’t know he was dead are just a few of the wild assortment of characters in Echo Bodine’s delightful new collection of true ghost stories. A psychic who has been hunting ghosts for 40 years, Bodine shares her story of how she became a ghost buster along with the stories of ghosts, hauntings, and possessions she encountered along the way.

Wondering if those flickering lights, jangling door knobs, and mumbling sounds in the middle of the night mean you have a ghost? Bodine offers step-by-step instructions for getting rid of them along with clearing and protection prayers to keep them away. These funny, sometimes unnerving, and always entertaining stories will provide reassurance to anyone who has ever encountered things that go bump in the night.” – The Little Book of True Ghost Stories


My Thoughts
The Little Book of True Ghost Stories is written by Echo Bodine, who is a psychic and also a ghost hunter. She collected the stories for this book over many years of doing what she does in the field. Included in the book are many ghosts that each have a different personality, and are probably not the type of ghosts you might think one would encounter.

Some ghosts want to leave, and some just want to stay. Echo Bodine explains how she was able to make some of the ghosts go to the light, while others she wasn’t asked to get to leave, and some wouldn’t go if she tried.

As a ghost hunter myself, I found this book to be really interesting. I don’t see the ghosts like she does, and being able to read about it from her perspective was really quite fascinating. I also learned a few things about ghosts that I didn’t know before, and even learned a few new ways to get them to leave, and move on to the other side.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. If you are looking for a good spooky book for Halloween, or if you think you might have a few ghosts in your home, this is a great book to read. I highly recommend it.



* Thank you to the publisher of The Little Book of True Ghost Stories, Hampton Roads Publishing, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if there are any spirits in my home or not and I do not want to have random people in my home to see if there are. This book, if it helps sounds like a great help. Thank you for posting this and I will e-mail you a few questions as well if you don't mind. You are a sweetheart!

Chris said...

I agree, I think the shows are fun to watch but if there were spirits in my home I would want to handle it myself or call in a priest. Glad to know there are some books out there to help.