September 26, 2012

Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Review


Do you enjoy playing MMO games online, and need something to give your gaming a boost? The Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse might be just the thing to help your gaming be faster, smoother, and more enjoyable.


Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse Features
Make it yours – easily – Want to customize the default settings? Want access to more intricate macro and scripting capabilities than the onboard macros can provide? Download the optional Logitech Gaming Software and tweak your settings to perfection.

Onboard brains – The three memory profiles are stored onboard so you can access all your button, tracking, and lighting color information on any computer with no software required.

Double down with G-Shift – Assigning the G-Shift function to a button on the G600 doubles the functionality of the other buttons on the mouse – giving you massive configuration power and flexibility.

Shift DPI on the fly – For precision targeting or sniping, assign a DPI shift button to quickly change the DPI value. When you let go, you’re back to the standard value. Set up to five DPI levels per profile.

Shaped to go the distance – The G600 is sculpted to support your hand through hours of raiding, PvP, or just grinding XP. Every button is tuned to reduce click fatigue without accidental actuations.

Gaming-grade laser tracking – The G600’s gaming-grade laser sensor that will track the tiniest nudge or the fastest flick with equal precision.

Put to the test, built to last – The three large primary buttons are each rated to 20 million clicks. Durability testing pounds keys three times per second, 24/7, for nearly three months so you’ll never have misclicks.

1 millisecond USB report rate – Input lag won’t be a problem. The G600’s USB report rate insures that all your click movement information are reported instantly to the game. A thousand reports per second takes advantage of your PC’s maximum communication speed.

Braided USB cable – The flexible, 6-1/2 foot long USB cable is cloth-wrapped for additional durability and a premium look. And it comes with a hook and loop cable strap to help you keep things tidy.

Low-friction feet – Ultra low-friction feet significantly reduce the amount of effort required to move the mouse, resulting in less fatigue in long game sessions.” – Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse




My Thoughts
I have been playing MMO games online for almost a decade. I’ve played them on a console, but I enjoy playing them on my PC more, and I’ve been playing them solely on that for the past few years. In all of that time, I’ve always used my standard keyboard and mouse. It worked for me okay, but I always wondered about those flashy gaming mice I’d see in the store. Were they really worth the money? Would they really help my gaming? Perhaps most important for me, would it be comfortable to use?

I’ve been testing out the G600 MMO Gaming Mouse by Logitech for the past month. It was perfect timing for me because Guild Wars 2 just launched, and I’d been waiting to play that game for years.

The first thing I noticed was that this was a larger mouse than what I had been used to. As a female, I don’t have very large hands, so I was initially worried that I wouldn’t be able to use it very easily. However, after using it for extensive playtime in Guild Wars 2, I didn’t find it to be a problem at all, and actually didn’t strain my hand or my wrist when using it.

One of the coolest features on this mouse is the option to light up the MMO buttons on the left side to a color of your choice. You do have to install the software for this, but it is easy to do, and also lets you change the configuration of the buttons to work with your game.

This is a seriously fast gaming mouse. Although I don’t have the fastest internet speed available, I have a rather nice gaming computer, and I’ve really seen the difference in my gameplay when using this mouse.

Overall, I really like this gaming mouse. It is comfortable, fast, and has some really cool options and features to use. If you are in the market for a new mouse, I’d definitely suggest looking at this one, especially if you are a gamer.



Disclosure: Thank you to Logitech for providing me with the product for review. All opinions, experiences, and thoughts about the product being reviewed are my own.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article! I've been thinking about getting a new mouse and you just might be able to convince me to get this one =
I enjoy all the customization factors and feel that this just might be the mouse for me.

Jhin said...

Great review! I've been thinking of switching over from my current mouse to something new and I believe you just might have convinced me to do just that. I enjoy the customization options that this mouse will provide for me.

Mira said...

The color option of lighting it up is what drew me in on this one!

Jo Anne said...

Finding a comfortable mouse for me is hard. This one looks big like you said but if it is able to be used easily I may buy it too.

Stephanie said...

I saw this in the store and was hesitant to buy it because of the price. Reading this review and the other one you gave helped me to pick which one I wanted - this one because I am such a girl and like things I can light up to match my room or mood.