November 23, 2012

Dukan Diet: Day 1



Black Friday is today. It is also the day I decided to start the Dukan Diet. I didn’t go shopping today (there is serious madness around here when shopping today) so I thought it would be a good day to start my diet. I’ve heard Wednesdays are supposedly the best day to start a diet, but the day right before Thanksgiving I’d think would be terrible.

I’ve been restricted on the foods I can eat for a long time now. I can’t have gluten, so that cuts out a lot right there. As I was looking for a diet plan to follow that has had a lot of successes, I came across the Dukan Diet.

I remember hearing about it around the time Prince William married Kate Middleton because it was rumored she was on the Dukan Diet to lose weight before their wedding. Not that I think she needed to lose any weight at all, but whatever, we can’t all be skinny and married to princes either, can we?



The diet features four plans to help you lose the weight and keep it off. I’m planning on staying in the “Attack Phase” for ten days. I don’t know if my willpower will keep up for that long, but I am going to try. It is basically all meat and nonfat dairy for those days. Thank God I can at least have coffee with Splenda and skim milk. Without that, I don’t think I’d be able to do it.

Day 1 is almost over and it has been “okay.” I had some deviled eggs, ham, bacon, the oat bran galette, chicken, and hamburger patty. I miss vegetables and rice already.

I’ll check in with everyone on how I’m doing with the diet randomly. This isn’t turning into a dieting Blog. If you are also on this diet, how do you like it? Any big weight loss success for you so far? Please share!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck on the diet. I never tried this one but a friend of mine did and lost about 15 lbs and kept it off. Not too bad :)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stick with this diet. Not enough variety in the food.