March 27, 2013

Astrology for Writers by Corrine Kenner


Astrology for Writers by Corrine Kenner is a book for writers that need a little bit of help in the creativity department from time to time. This book guides you on how to use astrology to create characters, and essentially entire stories based off of astrology.


Book Description
Build your storytelling from the cosmic drama of the stars! The nighttime sky inspires writers and astrologers alike to spin stories on the strands of starlight. Discover inspiration for your creative writing in Astrology for Writers, an essential guide filled with exercises for character creation, techniques for constructing plotlines and setting, and much more.
Begin your creative journey with an introduction to the planets, the twelve signs of the Zodiac, the twelve houses of the horoscope, and other astrology basics. Learn how to develop unique characters based on mythic archetypes, how to use astrological imagery and symbolism for your descriptions and dialogue, and how to put theory into practice with writing prompts and samples.” – Astrology for Writers


My Thoughts
Astrology for Writers is a book that teaches about astrology and also gives creative guidance to writers and artistic visionaries as well. The basics such as the planets, the signs of the Zodiac, and houses of the horoscope are covered on a basic knowledge. It is enough information to help with understanding how to use astrology for writers at least. If you want to learn more about astrology in a more in-depth manner, there are many other books available for that.

I really enjoyed reading this book because it taught me more about astrology, and of course how to use it with writing. As a Leo writer, I found that many of the things mentioned in my chapter about Leos are quite true. I like to write about hobbies (and other things I enjoy), and I’m direct and to the point in writing. I also noticed that my families and friends are generally like their astrological sign as well. I’ll be using this guide for future stories when doing character creation. It is truly a great reference for inspiration and creativity for writers. I highly recommend it.


* Thank you to the publisher of Astrology for Writers, Llewellyn, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: