June 11, 2014

Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden

Fast Fiction by Denise Jaden is a book that any writer could benefit from reading and using – especially those who want to write a book, but haven’t done it. Of course, if you have already written a book, you could still learn a lot from reading it!


Book Description
Writers flock to National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) each November because it provides a procrastination-busting deadline. But only a fraction of the participants meet their goal. Denise Jaden was part of that fraction, writing first drafts of her two published young adult novels during NaNoWriMo. In Fast Fiction, she shows other writers how to do what she did, step-by-step, writer to writer. Her process starts with a prep period for thinking through plot, theme, characters, and setting. Then Jaden provides day-by-day coaching for the thirty-day drafting period. Finally, her revision tips help writers turn merely workable drafts into compelling and publishable novels.Fast Fiction


My Thoughts
Fast Fiction is a book for writers. Specifically, writers who want to write but may make up excuses for not writing. Jaden gets right to it and helps you to write the first draft of a novel in a month. Don’t think you can do it? Then, this is definitely a book you need! It offers a quick, step-by-step approach to writing each day out of those 30 days to create a solid first draft of the novel you want to write.

Although I have not yet written my novel in the 30 days, I will definitely be holding on to this book for when I have 30 days to do it! It is fun and I can see how it would definitely encourage me to write each of those days to write. I highly recommend this to all writers and aspiring writers.



* Thank you to the publisher of Fast Fiction, New World Library, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: