July 8, 2008

Another Bachelor/ette Letdown


DeAnna Pappas was a great pick for The Bachelorette. After last November’s The Bachelor Brad broke her heart and ended up not picking either of the final two women, it was nice to see a sweet, down-to-earth woman picking the man this time!

I was a big fan of this season’s The Bachelorette. I watched every episode and was cheering DeAnna on to find that special someone for her. How could you not? She is like everyone’s best friend and surrogate sister.

From the time Jason Mesnick had his first one-on-one date with DeAnna, he was my instant favorite. He is 31 years old, very romantic and is already a great father (he has a 3 year old son named Ty). I so wanted to see them together in the end and live happily ever after.

Last night’s ending of The Bachelorette was dramatic - as promised by the commercials leading up to it. However, it did not end how I wanted. Jason’s heart was visibly broken from DeAnna. Ironic because she kept insisting how she never wanted to make someone else feel how Brad made her feel. Maybe she should have thought about that before leading some of these guys on so much. Simply not saying “I love you” back isn’t going to make them think they weren’t lead on. Tsk Tsk.

DeAnna ended up choosing the 25 year old professional snowboarder, Jesse Csincsak. While he seems like a great guy too, I just don’t get it. She didn’t either. She even said she never thought she would have picked him (in the beginning). But, maybe opposites do attract. Maybe you do find love in the strangest of places. Either way, I do wish them well. I also hope Jason is able to find love again after this very public breakup.

DeAnna and Jesse announced on After the Final Rose special that followed The Bachelorette finale that they will be getting married on May 9, 2009. “I think we’re planning the Bahamas – it’s where we fell in love, it’s where we got engaged,” DeAnna explained.

No comments: