July 1, 2008

Lady Cottington's Fairy Books

I recently bought quite a few books (mostly on sale) from Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com. Opening the boxes as they arrived was much like Christmas to me – I love books! Immediately I read the Lady Cottington’s Pressed Fairy Books. I hadn’t planned on this being the first books I read from the order. However, flipping through the pages and seeing the beautiful, whimsical artwork of the faeries – I was enchanted!

Lady Cottington is a young girl who writes in her journal about catching, or pressing faeries. As she grows older, her handwriting improves and her stories become even more hilarious about these amusing faeries she presses.

I thought this was going to be a more kid friendly book than it is. Luckily, I did not purchase these books for anyone but myself, and no kids are looking at them. There are nude faeries in the book, and some journal entries are of a sexual content. This should have perhaps been stated somewhere in the book description area.

The Lady Cottington’s Pressed Fairy Book: 10 ¾ Anniversary Edition and the Lady Cottington’s Pressed Fairy Letters are the perfect addition to anyone’s library that loves fairies!

No comments: