July 19, 2008

RIP Bandit


On July 8, 2008 my pet lizard, a bearded dragon named Bandit died. He was about 7 years old, which is quite amazing because he was a bit of a runt and came close to dying a few times when younger. His brother, Smokey lived with him for about a year and a half when they were babies/juveniles. While they were the same age, Bandit barely grew in comparison. This is a picture of Bandit and Smokey (Bandit is the little one).

I was quite fond of Bandit because he was a pet I could take with me from apartment to apartment in my college days. I even took Bandit with me for shelter when Hurricane Charlie blew through Orlando, and my roommate and I had to leave our 3rd story apartment. Bandit was fussy and only liked certain people for quite a few years, it was cute. In his last few years though, he was great with everybody. My nephews especially loved coming over and seeing Bandit. He even let them hold him without hesitation.

Bandit was a great, laid back pet and will be missed very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry your pet died, but he did live long