July 25, 2008

Children International

Children International is an organization I have been involved with since 2001. I sponsored a child in Columbia for about a year when I was a freshman in college. However, due to circumstances at the time I had to stop sponsoring her. Not too long after that though, I jumped right back in!

In 2004, I started sponsoring again. This time, I picked an adorable little girl named Camila from Chile. I have been sponsoring her ever since. The pictures below are of her. The one on the left is her in 2004, and the one on the right is from 2007.

Today, I made a Lift One Project website on her behalf. I urge you to check it out and donate or even sponsor a child of your own. Don’t let this post just become another commercial you look away from. Do something about child poverty and get involved!

"Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate." Albert Schweitzer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is really great that you sponsor a child in Chile. I have wanted to do that for awhile now, and will consider hooking up with this organization. Thanks for the info!