August 24, 2011

The Magical Approach by Jane Roberts

The Magical Approach by Jane Roberts is a one of the “Seth” books that she wrote through information gathered by channeling sessions with “Seth.” This book seeks to explain the true nature of reality that most of us don’t realize is there.


Book Description
“The Seth books are world-renowned for comprising one of the most profound bodies of work ever written on the true nature of reality. In this brand new volume of original material, Seth invites us to look at the world through another lens –– a magical one. Seth reveals the true, magical nature of our deepest levels of being, and explains how we have allowed it to become inhibited by our own beliefs and conventional thinking.

The Magical Approach teaches us how to live our lives spontaneously, creatively, and according to our own natural rhythms. It helps us to discover and tune into our natural, instinctive behavior. By applying the principles in this book, readers will learn to trust their impulses and discover the highest expression of their creativity.” – The Magical Approach


My Thoughts
The Magical Approach and the “Seth” books in general, I didn’t know anything about before I read this book. I guess you could say that it was before my “time.” As someone who really enjoys reading “New Age” and “Spiritual” books, I was really excited to see one that also encouraged (and perhaps gave advice) for creative living.

As I said, I hadn’t read anything about how Jane Roberts channeled “Seth” for these books. So, when I started reading it, the background information given about how she channeled “Seth” and her husband took notes during the sessions were really interesting to me.

The actual sessions where “Seth” was speaking for this book were written somewhat oddly, at least in my opinion. The summary or notes after the session were easier for me to read, not to say I didn’t enjoy reading the sessions, it was just written awkwardly, which is I guess how “Seth” speaks.

The overall messages from the sessions are helpful for those on their spiritual journey and I quite enjoyed reading and learning from them. It is highly similar to the “Law of Attraction” and such material that has been popular recently.



* Thank you to the publisher of The Magical Approach, Amber Allen Publishing, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds very intruiguing. I'll look into these books further.