January 5, 2013

Real Wifeys Hustle Hard by Meesha Mink


Real Wifeys Hustle Hard by Meesha Mink is the third and final book in the “Real Wifeys” trilogy. It is full of drama, scandal, and sassiness like you’ve never read in a novel before.


Book Description
Sophie “Suga” Alvarez is all about two things: loving her man and making her money.

Suga is the wifey of Dane, a man whose criminal lifestyle as a loan shark is in total contrast to her successful career in business. Dane swears he will go legit before they get married, but when their house is raided, Suga has to decide to avoid jail time by turning on him or standing by the man she loves. Things get more complicated when she steps in to run Dane’s business and has to use her book and street smarts to stay ahead of the game and out of the line of fire.

Meanwhile, when Suga learns the terrible truth about her father’s criminal past, she uncovers a secret that will change her relationship with her former best friend, Luscious, forever. Real Wifeys: Hustle Hard is the third and most explosive installment in a fierce and gritty series from one of today’s boldest voices in street lit.” – Real Wifeys Hustle Hard


My Thoughts
I’ll start out by saying that Real Wifeys Hustle Hard is the first book in the trilogy that I read. From what I read about the first two books in the series, On the Grind and Get Money, I thought that this was going to be an excellent and new type of story for me to read. I’ll admit, I haven’t ventured into reading too many urban tales. The author, Meesha Mink, co-authored the Hoodwives series as well, so I thought this would be the perfect book for me to start out with.

Unfortunately, I think that the third book in this series should be read third. Some series are just like that. The plot line was a bit too predictable for me (even though I never read the first two books), and had too much of the badly written “romance” (a.k.a. sex) scenes in. Maybe that floats some people’s boat, but not mine. I just had a hard time getting into this book, and didn’t enjoy it.



* Thank you to the publisher of Real Wifeys Hustle Hard, Touchstone, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: