January 19, 2013

Unglued Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst


Unglued Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst is a devotional that is a companion to the author’s bestselling book “Unglued.” It can be used with the book or alone. Personally, I only read the devotional, and didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything. It is a fantastic daily devotional that can be used to help anyone with struggles along life’s bumpy roads.



Book Description
This companion devotional to the bestselling book Unglued provides encouragement to help readers handle emotional struggles. Including a daily opening Scripture, Thought for the Day, devotion, and closing prayer, this book helps readers begin a 60-day journey in learning to positively process raw emotions, such as fear, anger, and regret.” – Unglued Devotional


My Thoughts
Unglued Devotional is a really great devotional, and one that I got a lot out of from reading. I am a girl that loves daily devotionals, and this is one I would definitely recommend others to read. I think that her focus on not being perfect, and even making “imperfect progress” towards something is still progress really does help me. I am the type that wants to be perfect in things I do, so when that doesn’t happen, I get frustrated. This helped me to see that it is okay to not be perfect and to not always be perfect in things. If this sounds like you too, I highly suggest reading this devotional!

The sixty devotionals are short and can easily be read and focused on by anyone who wants to use it. The key is that you have to use it to get anything out of it. I would think that is an obvious statement, but sometimes people just read devotionals and don’t actually think on it and reflect what it really means.

This is a fantastic devotional, and I highly recommend it to anyone who feels they are coming unglued and need some help with life’s struggles.


* Thank you to the publisher of Unglued Devotional, Zondervan, for providing me with a copy of this book for review as part of the Thomas Nelson “Book Sneeze” program. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: