July 10, 2009

Flashback Friday - Harry Potter

Harry Potter is still a very popular book and movie series. However, this flashback is focusing on how far the actors have come since Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.

I didn’t get into the whole Harry Potter whirlwind until a few years ago. I caught one of the movies on HBO or Disney and I’ve been hooked ever since. I bought the movies on DVD and read all of the books (which you may already know if you read some previous posts).



Harry Potter (Daniel Radclife), Ronald Weasley (Rupert Grint) and Hermoine Granger (Emma Watson) are the main characters. They started filming the movies when they were all around 10 years old and hadn’t been in much acting before being cast for their superstar roles in Harry Potter.

I think they did quite well in the first few movies acting wise. Sure they weren’t the best but they were kids! Remember this trailer from the fist movie? I don’t honestly because I wasn’t interested in the series when it came out (I’m a horrible awful person I know).



I find it simply amazing that they went from that to where they are now as actors. I’ve seen many of the Harry Potter actors in other movies since – Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Robert Pattinson (yum!). Who would have thought Rob would have become a vampire heartthrob sensation in Twilight? Or would have thought Daniel would have nude scenes on Broadway in Equus?



I’m really excited to see the new movie coming out next week Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I expect they are going to be even better actors than the previous movies and the graphics will of course be better too (because they just keep getting better in each movie).

Are you guys excited too?



Now I leave you with a very noticeable change: how they look at events then compared to now.

12 comments:

Nickie. said...

OK, I must admit, I've never seen or read anything Harry Potter related. Don't stone me please. =()

Unfortunately, I'm just not really into those kinda movies. I know. Bad me. =(

Jillene said...

I love Harry Potter!! I have read all of the books and I own all of the movies that are out. I can't wait for Wednesday!!

Bobby G said...

cant deal w/ the fantasy-ness of HP< but the kids HAVe grown up so

Lee said...

I just got harry potter sceneit, and I'm really good at it. So I guess I really like harry potter!
But I can't believe how much they've grown. They barely look like themselves anymore.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Since Nickie said it first, i'll admit it too-- Never read it, never seen it. I gotta get out more :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the movies but haven't read the books yet.

Anonymous said...

I thought they did fantastic as starting actors in the first harry potter movie. I love the movies so much. I never really got into the books but I want to. I've tried reading the first book 5 times already and got so bored. so maybe this summer or next summer I'll get into the books. but I definitly love the movies! can't wait for the new one to come out =D

Wendyburd1 said...

I have only read the first 2 book and that was after seeing the first 2 or 3 movies! I adore the movies and like being surprised so I am not reading the rest as yet, Though I DO know who dies, thanks to a Entertainment Weekly article. Which was out after the last movie, where I SOBBED when Sirius Black died and vowed to never see another Potter film...oy!!

Andhari said...

Definitely am excited about the new movie. They've made it so far! From newbies to really influential actors out there. WOW. :)

Andhari said...

And ohhh they're getting so much hotter and stylish too!

Jenni said...

I can't wait for this movie to come out next week. I have my dates all lined up (yes dates is plural because I plan on seeing this more than once!)

Unknown said...

It's so awesome that we got to see them age. I LOVED Emma W's dress and SHOES at that event. ..too bad it rained all over their parade.