March 16, 2011

Damn You, Autocorrect! by Jillian Madison

Damn You, Autocorrect by Jillian Madison is a seriously funny book that shows all of the severely embarrassing texting mistakes people have made with the “autocorrect” function on their smart phones.


Book Description
“Sh#@ Your Phone Says

If you own an iPhone, BlackBerry, Droid, or any smartphone, there’s a good chance you’ve screamed that phrase out at least once. In Damn You, Autocorrect! Pop-culture blogger Jillian Madison shows you are not alone.

Filled with submissions from readers of her popular website, this laugh-out-loud funny book features cringe-worthy exchanges with parents, friends, significant others, and co-workers that contain some of the most unintentionally hilarious—and mortifying—mistakes ever caused by Autocorrect. Inside, you’ll find a husband who tells his wife that he just “laid” (paid) the babysitter, a dad who tells his daughter that he and her mom are going to “divorce” (Disney), and many more epic texting fails too raunchy to list here.

Whether you love technology, texting humor, or taking just a little bit of pleasure in the misfortune of others, Damn You, Autocorrect! will leave you laughing until you cry, and thankful that nothing this embarrassing has happened to you. Yet.” – Damn You, Autocorrect


My Thoughts

Damn You, Autocorrect is a hilarious read that uses the “autocorrect” feature on smartphones to make you laugh out loud. It appears that this autocorrect feature has a rather dirty mind yet really tries to make you not curse in text messages. Who cares if it changes pens to penis, parents to parrots, pick me up to oil me up, or hahahaha to Shabaka? The humor factor to it would make me want to use autocorrect to get funny messages like this to brighten a day. Some may be in the same boat as me on this, right?

I brought this book along to read while in a waiting room. I ended up reading half of the book while sitting there and found it incredibly hard to not giggle or laugh out loud when reading some of these amusing text messages. Sure, the people around me probably thought I was weird, but who cares? I bet I had a better time waiting for my appointment than they did!

Overall, I found this book to be extremely funny and a very good read for anyone that wants to laugh. I highly recommend it. Shabaka!


* Thank you to the publisher of Damn You Autocorrect, Hyperion, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Ha! I love that site ... and it makes me honestly wonder if there's an engineer at apple who is playing some sort of madlibs game with us, you know, swapping out specific words for other words. So funny!