March 3, 2011

Who Really Cares About Charlie Sheen’s Drama?



Watching the drama unfold about celebrities is a favorite thing for many people. I even sometimes like watching train wrecks. Remember when Britney went crazy and shaved her head and slammed an umbrella into a car? Yeah, everyone remembers watching that.

Charlie Sheen’s drama going on right now being center stage when the world has much more important news to be reporting…. isn’t so cool with me. ABC had him on 20/20 behaving erratically and somehow passing a drug test. Yeah, I watched it while doing some work.

I get that he is a big celebrity and makes millions of dollars. Sure, his show Two and a Half Men is popular, but I’ve never been a fan of it. I maybe saw two episodes and wasn’t impressed. Honestly, I don’t see how the show has been on as long as it has when better shows are cancelled.

This morning on the news, Good Morning America spent an exorbitant amount of time covering Charlie Sheen. Something the news has been doing ever since his issues have come out. What makes me even angrier about this though is that each of the news blurbs scrolling across the bottom of the screen were much more important than hearing legal consultants talk about Sheen, his soon to be ex-wife, and their kids.

Why is our news being so bombarded by Charlie Sheen? Besides Sheen and the people involved, who really cares? Is it really more important than the issues in Libya, the Florida wildfire, or any of the other news stories that weren’t even mentioned?

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

As someone who is fascinated with celebrities anyway, I am definitely enthralled with the train wreck.

Anonymous said...

I agree, there is more important news than that.

TisforTonya said...

I will admit that aside from Kristina's digs via facebook I have no idea what's going on with Charlie... and I only vaguely recollect the bald Brittney...

and now you know why I didn't last long as a film major...

Brenda Susan said...

Don't have any answers because i've had all the same questions all along! Get over the Sheen stuff TV people!

Bluebird49 said...

Apparently because 90% of Americans don't want to know the real news, or aren't alarmed at the fact that we aren't told what the real/important news is.

Anonymous said...

I am not really sure what's going on since I don't keep up with Hollywood. I think those folks already get way too much attention as it is. If the media would quit wasting their time and ours the attention seeking would stop.

Anna said...

Totally agree!