December 24, 2009

Christmas, Life, Games and More!

Sorry for the lack of updates this month. Looking at my posting from this year (which went up drastically), I noticed I really haven’t posted much this month and I am sorry for that. Life, health, work, etc really drained me this month.

I’ll use this post to do a little catch-up on what is going on with me and my thoughts on some recent events.

Christmas
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you are all having a great holiday season. Mine has been okay so far. We had a family gathering here last weekend with my brothers, sister and their kids (well most of them and notice I don’t say “half” brothers or “half” sister – wtf is a half person anyways?). It was nice. I don’t want to post pictures of my family because of privacy reasons, so here is a picture of our tiny tree this year.



We just didn’t feel like getting the huge tree out this year. Plus, with the small one it allows for more room in the living room for people to talk and sit down while visiting.

Tomorrow for Christmas we’re going over to my aunt and uncle’s house for their traditional Christmas breakfast/brunch and present opening.


Wintersday
Guild Wars Wintersday is in full swing. When not busy, working or ill, I’ve been on here doing their quests and trying to get some of their holiday items. What is really cool about this Wintersday though is the “costume” feature they came out with. I gave in and bought it since I love the Dwayna costume and for only $3 more I got the package that has Grenth’s as well. I probably won’t wear it though, but who knows?



The festival hats don’t come out until January 1st, so I’ll make a more in-depth post after those come out. I hope they are good this year.


Wii Fun
I never played on a Wii until earlier this week. My nephews have one that they got for Christmas last year and they have basically everything you can want for it. Well, I went over to their house this week and spent some time with them and played some games on the Wii with them. The first game I played was the basketball point one on the Wii Sports Resort and I scored 23 points – highest out of any of them and my brother. That score is probably beaten by now, but still it made me feel awesome. I gradually got worse as the day went on though. How does that happen? Wii is awesome though and it sadly made me want one even more.


Twilight: New Moon
I did go and see New Moon – and I loved it! Taylor Lautner even made me hate Jacob a little less. I’m still Team Edward all the way though so don’t worry. I can’t wait for this movie to be out on DVD.


Health
I’m getting used to my new glasses, but I think I need to get them adjusted because they slide down my nose a lot.

I have one more dentist appointment this year, so after that my teeth should be good. Next year I *hope* I will get invisalign.

Still unsure if I have celiac disease or not, but I am going to go with most likely. I have a doctor’s appointment in January and hopefully they’ll test me for it soon.


Nursing?
I’m seriously considering going back to school at a 2 yr place to become a RN. I have some classes that I won’t need to take, so it shouldn’t take me 2 yrs. I know it’ll be really hard, but I think I can do it – and they make a lot of money so that is a pretty good driving force.


Facebook
I stayed off Facebook for a long time. I knew it would be addicting… Yet somehow I fell into the trap. It all started with an invite from my nephews on Farmville. Now I have Farmville, Café World, Sorority Life, Mafia Wars, Fairyland, Fishville, etc. Help!

I opened all my 100+ presents on Farmville last night and my farm looks like Santa threw up on it. My farm is just not big enough for all the animals, trees, farm stuff and now Christmas themed items. It’ll take forever just to make it look decent again. All in all though, I do like the presents I received from it.



Sorority Life didn’t spend much effort on their Christmas items though. Not sure about Mafia Wars yet since I can’t open those up yet.

Addicted to Facebook too? Add me! Just do a search for Sheri Newton and you shall find me.

13 comments:

Manju said...

merry christmas Sheri darling! <3

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely post!

Merry Christmas, darling Sheri!

xoxox,
CC

P.S. Will look you up on FB!

Kristina P. said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Sheri!

Tricia said...

Merry Christmas!

Lee said...

I sold most of the decorations on farmville and only kept the animals and the fuel.
Merry Christmas!

Toothfairy said...

Merry Christmas dear!

and I'm not that into FB either anymore :P

loves

the girl in stiletto said...

merry xmas sheri!! :D

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Sheri! <3

Aik said...

Merry Christmas, Sheri! :)

Anonymous said...

I actually enjoyed opening all of my gifts on Farmville too. My farm looks crowded too but after the holidays I'll sell everything and get it looking back to normal. It's crazy how things can be become so addicting.

The Wii is fun and we got Sports Resort for our anniversary. We have a blast playing it!

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Belated Merry Christmas!!! I too am actually looking to go into nursing. I'm not sure what though. I'd love to do RN but with my full time its too demanding, but I was considering doing LPN.

Good luck on your ventures this year!