December 17, 2009

Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura

“You won’t believe what you don’t know.”

Tru TV has a new show out called Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. It is about what it says – conspiracy theories.

“Jesse Ventura and a team of expert investigators are on a mission to examine some of the most frightening and mysterious conspiracy allegations of our time. They examine available evidence as well as talking to experts and eyewitnesses to learn more about such topics as global warming, possible 9/11 cover-ups, secret government weapons and apocalyptic prophecies. "This is my personal journey," Ventura says, "to prove that there is more to these stories than you know about."

So far only three episodes have aired. The first I saw was about the 9/11 cover up. It really brought up some strong points, questions and concerns about the attacks. I don’t know what really happened, but something fishy definitely went on with it all. The episode that aired last night was about global warming. I consider myself “green” so thinking that all of global warming is a scam is hard for me to believe. However, I do think that governments, companies and people are profiting off of it in an absurd way. Future episodes are about big brother, secret societies, Manchurian candidate and the apocalypse.

This doesn’t seem like something I’d generally be interested in, but I am! My Aunt actually got me interested in wanting to know more about conspiracy theories. I’ve always been a believer in some unconventional things (ghosts, ufos, etc) so really it shouldn’t be a big surprise I’d want to know more about other things too.

I’m not saying that everyone is out to get us and to build a bomb shelter and horde food, toilet paper, guns, gold, etc. I don’t even agree with everything featured on the show. I am however saying just to think and not blindly accept things as the government and companies tell us.

Remember the billions of dollars the USA gave to banks to help our economy? Where did that go? Why didn’t they just give it to the people to help “stimulate” the economy? Question things. Use your mind and the power of free speech (while we still have it).

Any comments about any of this? I’d love to hear it whether you agree or don’t.

2 comments:

Lee said...

My friends and I just had a heated discussion about this show.
I REALLY want to see it.

Anonymous said...

I saw this show advertised but haven't seen it. I have never thought the Government is one to believe. I think there are a lot of things that go on that would probably shock us to the core.