July 5, 2014

Apocalypse by Dean Crawford

Apocalypse by Dean Crawford is a mystery thriller novel that features Ethan Warner, a bail bondsman and ex-war correspondent. In this novel, he is doing everything he can to stop the villain that wants to destroy the world.


Book Description
In the notorious Bermuda Triangle, a private jet vanishes without a trace, taking with it scientists working for the world-famous philanthropist Joaquin Abell. Meanwhile, Captain Kyle Sears is called to a murder scene in Miami. A woman and her daughter have both been shot through the head. But within moments of arriving, Sears receives a phone call from the woman’s husband, physicist Charles Purcell.

“I did not kill my wife and child,” he says. “In less than twenty-four hours I will be murdered and I know the man who will kill me. My murderer does not yet know that he will commit the act.” With uncanny accuracy, Purcell goes on to predict the immediate future just as it unfolds around Sears, and leaves clues for a man he’s never met, former war correspondent Ethan Warner.

The hunt is on to find Purcell, and Warner is summoned by the Defense Intelligence Agency to lead the search. But this is no ordinary case, as Warner and his partner, Nicola Lopez, are about to discover. The future has changed its course, and timing is everything. The end is just beginning . . .

Relentlessly fast-paced and action-packed, Apocalypse combines realistic science, suspense, and intrigue to create an ingenious blockbuster thriller.Apocalypse


My Thoughts
Apocalypse is a well written book that doesn’t just encompass one genre. Crawford is able to capture the best parts of an action, adventure, mystery, thriller, and science fiction and neatly package it up into one enjoyable read.

This book, the Bermuda triangle is drawn to attention with the disappearance of a private jet that vanishes without a trace, full of important scientists and Joaquin Abell, a very famous philanthropist. I love this twist to the book because the Bermuda triangle disappearances have always fascinated me.

Ethan Warner and Nicola Lopez are called to Miami to investigate the murder of scientist Charles Purcell’s family. Purcell had been working on “time” with NASA and more recently, with Abell, the wealthy philanthropist who also was on that missing private jet. Can Warner and Lopez solve the case before time runs out? Read it to find out!

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. The characters, setting, and plot were all detailed perfectly for the story, and it kept me entertained nonstop. I highly recommend it.



* Thank you to the publisher of Apocalypse, Touchstone, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: