July 16, 2014

Letters to My Son by Kent Nerburn

Letters to My Son by Kent Nerburn is a beautifully written book about raising a son and life’s most important issues. This special 20th Anniversary edition includes 3 new chapters not previously available.


Book Description
At once spiritual and practical, Letters to My Son has been beloved by readers from all walks of life, including single mothers seeking guidance in raising a son, fathers looking to share a voice of clarity about life’s most important issues, and young men wanting an intelligent, sensitive, and streetwise companion on the journey toward a worthy manhood. In this twentieth anniversary edition, Kent Nerburn adds to his classic reflections on love, marriage, travel, money and wealth, tragedy and suffering, spirituality, sex, and the true meaning of strength, with new chapters on sexual identity and the difficulty of moving on (from relationships, homes, and stages of life). Unique in its profound simplicity and timeless insight, Letters to My Son is a book to savor and a gift to give to anyone looking for clear and gentle guidance on the big issues in life.” – Letters to My Son


My Thoughts
Letters to My Son is a book written with great intent and has true meaning. It isn’t superficial at all, which makes it a pure read that gets right to the reader’s heart. Sometimes the topics discussed in the book are not something that parents want to discuss with others, and this book helps guide them through those areas.

The lessons learned here are worthy for everyone to read, and many quotable passages throughout the book are filled with true spirit that can be savored for centuries to come. If you or someone you know is looking for a book to help them guide their son (or even a daughter), this is definitely a book that they (or you) need to read! I highly recommend it.



* Thank you to the publisher of Letters to My Son, New World Library, for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments: