May 19, 2010

Beauty Review: Alaska Glacial Mud Co.

Going “green” and “organic” isn’t just for food and grocery bags. I’ve been switching my beauty products over to organic as well.

Alaska Glacial Mud Co. is a fabulous company that makes spa quality products at an affordable price for use in your own home. The idea for this company started in 2001 when Lauren Padawer (founder of Alaska Glacial Mud Co.) realized she should be the one to bottle the most mineral rich and pure mud in the word, found in remote waters of the Cooper River Delta in Alaska.

For this review, I was able to try both the glacial facial purifying mineral mud masque in vanilla-lavender and vanilla-peppermint, and their lavender-peppermint soap.

The Glacial Facial
Available in unscented, lavender-peppermint, and vanilla-lavender
$34

The glacial facial is what I’ve been wanting in a mud mask for my face for a long time. Some masks leave my skin feeling dry and some leave it feeling oily. This one left it feeling soft, nourished and moisturized.

I will be buying some of this (once I save up some money for it), and will probably rotate out the scents as I liked them both. I highly recommend giving this mud mask a try.

Glacial Soap
Available in lavender-peppermint and bergamot-lemongrass-mandarin-lavender (made with essential oils)
$9

The glacial soap is made with certified organic emollient oils of olive, coconut, palm, and enriched with pure exfoliating and mineral rich glacial clay and goat’s milk. Sounds amazing, right? Well, don’t be disappointed because it is! It says that is good for the entire body (even the face and shampoo), I’m a little iffy on using it as a shampoo, though I will give it a try. I did try it on my face and I liked it! I highly recommend this soap as well.


I love companies who give parts of their profits to good causes, and Alaska Glacial Mud Co. does just that. 10% of their profits goes to local organizations that love, work and fight for the protection of the Copper River Delta, where their mud comes from.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

I have been a Mary Kay girl for years and have an entire routine BUT I have been reading more and more about the importance of Organic facial products. How important it is for our bodies and the environment. I have been afraid to switch because I tend to break out and Mary Kay has been such a success for me. Anyways, I am thinking I might give this a try. Oh, you are like me, I have trouble using something that is body soap as Shampoo, I don't know why (lol)

Gracie said...

Sounds really great! And if proceeds go to a good cause that's even better! I love it when things (beauty. clothes etc) are combined like that.

Tracy said...

I will check out their website, it is a little pricey but if it works that well, I may just have to sample it too.

Joyce said...

Nice article. I found a natural skincare store currently having 15% off entire Alaska Glacial Mud Co. Line. Check out http://natures-harvest.net