May 8, 2010

Pantene Pro V – Review + $25 Giveaway



Pantene Pro V is one of my favorite brands of hair products. I’ve been using them myself off and on since as long as I can remember. I like it because it makes my hair smell good and keeps it stronger – plus it is really quite affordable.

I was so excited when I was selected through Pantene Pro V and MyBlogSpark to be a Pantenologist!

They sent me this very cool kit, including a lab coat and black glasses. Pretty cool, huh?



I always thought my hair was “fine” so I was previously buying the shampoos and conditions for fine hair.

However, after going through all the tests with this Pantenologist kit, I discovered that my hair is actually medium/thick. Probably more on the medium side though. I do dye my hair, but apparently it isn’t damaged from doing so.

I tested the new shampoos and conditioners, and this is my results:

FINE
The “Flat to Volume” shampoo and conditioner worked like my old shampoo and conditioner from Pantene Pro V, but this one did seem to give it just a little bit more volume. It could have been because I got 14 inches cut off my hair too.

MEDIUM-THICK
The “Frizzy to Smooth” noticeably helped smooth out my flyaways without using hairspray during the day! Seriously, I don’t like hairspray so this really helps me out. I quite like this formulation and will definitely be switching to this one when purchasing Pantene Pro V from now on.

CURLY
The “Dry to Moisturized” shampoo and conditioner did seem to moisturize my hair, even though I don’t have curly hair (even remotely). I let my mom try this one (she has wavy hair) and she loved it! She said she could really see the difference.

COLOR
I color my hair, yet I rarely ever use the color-treated shampoos and conditioners. This one with “Color Preserve Shine” seemed to make my hair shine more, and felt great too.



Enter to Win a $25 Walmart Giftcard

One comment – Follow my Blog publicly and tell me which hair care products you can’t live without.

One comment – Blog about my giveaway (linking to this post). Leave URL of the post.

One comment – Follow me on Twitter and tweet about my giveaway (linking to this post). Leave url of tweet on here.

Giveaway ends on May 13, 2010.

* Thanks to Pantene Pro V through MyBlogSpark for providing me with the complimentary product, information, and providing the $25 Walmart giftcard for this giveaway. All opinions expressed are my own.

27 comments:

Aimee said...

Following on twitter & tweeted
http://twitter.com/pixie13sweeps/status/13634535994

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Aimee said...

GI follow & I can't live without Conditioner.

gevin13{at}gmail{dot}com

Kristi said...

I can't live without my Pantene ofcourse! ;) I do use and love Pantene. It would be fun to try the new products.

I am a GFC follower.

Wendyburd1 said...

See I would so think your hair is at least medium!

When this arrived I had no idea what it could be, because hair samples would not weight that much. I was like, is this a VCR? LOL! I had no idea! It was cool that I have a memory stick now that is 4GB, it has my backed up stuff I can't put on my external hard rive just in case it has a virus. Pantene saved me! LOL!

Unknown said...

I follow on google, and I can't live without my johnson and johnson no tangles spray :D

sweetimpishpixie(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Annie said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. I love hairspray - keeps my style throughout the day.

Following on GFC.

sweetie4101@yahoo.com

Nickie. said...

So cool that you got to do that. =) I cannot live without my straightening shampoo.

throuthehaze said...

Im a follower. I can't live without conditioner. My hair is unmanageable without it.
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Wendi P said...

I am a new follower and I cannot live without my daily dose of conditioner.

parodi821 at yahoo dot com

Wendi P said...

I follow you on twitter (WendiP) and tweeted:

http://twitter.com/WendiP/status/13829008773

Thanks again :-)

Anonymous said...

Following @sherinewton on Twitter and Tweeted the giveaway
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Blogged about the giveaway
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

Following Sheri's World with Google Friend Connect [Cheryl F. {The Lucky Ladybug}] -- I can't live without conditioner and detangler :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

Barbara Montag said...

Publicly following your blog.
I have to have volumizing shampoo!!

barbara.montyj at gmail dot com

Barbara Montag said...

I follow you on Twitter @JalapenoMama and a tweet!
http://twitter.com/JalapenoMama/status/13847842941

barbara.montyj at gmail dot com

Nicole Larsen said...

I follow via Google Connect. There is absolutely NO WAY I could go one day without conditioner!

pittsy82@hotmail.com

Nicole Larsen said...

Tweeted http://twitter.com/pittsy82/status/13851592312

pittsy82@hotmail.com

JC said...

I'm a follower, I can't live without conditioner.

JC said...

tweet.https://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/13856891328 @tcarolinep follower

JC said...

blogged.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway-sheris-world.html

Mari said...

I follow your blog. I can't live without shampoo/conditioner for swimmers. It gets rid of the chlorine after I go swimming.

runningmatey at hotmail dot com

Mari said...

follow on twitter and tweet

http://twitter.com/LuckyDuckyToo/status/13857661605

runningmatey at hotmail dot com

Deb K said...

I follow you and I can't live without my conditioner.

deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

Luvdaylilies said...

New follower=)
I just couldn't manage without conditioner!
Luvdaylilies at bellsouth dot net

Luvdaylilies said...

Sheri~
I now follow you on twitter~Luvdaylilies
& Yep, I tweeted=)
https://twitter.com/Luvdaylilies/status/13890704328
Luvdaylilies at bellsouth dot net

Minding Spot said...

I follow on google connect
I follow on twitter

I can't live without my curling cream.

wendyhines (at) hotmail (dot) com

Amanda said...

I follow on GFC and I can't live without mousse!!
winnieayala at yahoo dot com