When there is peace in the kingdom, and nothing has happened in a month, any good King would itch for war. And even if not a full scale war, then at least for a skirmish; and if there is no skirmish, then at least it's time to go hunting.
And if the game is a werewolf, then well – that's a sure cure for boredom!
But what started as a hunt may grow into a skirmish; and a skirmish may yet develop into a full-scale war. Or maybe the Adviser is exaggerating as always and all you'll have to face is a few minor problems....
But no, deep in the darkness there prowls a mysterious mage-werewolf, who unites hordes of monsters to pose a hairy, scary threat to Ardania. Could it be that some ancient enemy, or his heirs, has returned to reclaim his domain? To overcome this menace, the Great King must draw upon all his skills, all the wisdom of his advisor, as well as the powers of an unexpected ally....
• “Heirs of the Night” campaign -- protect your borders and face an unknown threat in 8 new missions
• Clash with several new monsters
• Four New Multiplayer Maps ( including two co-operative missions)
• New sets of weapons available
The Majesty 2 games are fun and usually require quite a lot of thought to beat the expert or advanced challenges. Battles of Ardania takes it a bit further though and makes them exceptionally hard. This can either be viewed as good or bad. Good because it allows you to continually replay missions before beating them, or bad because it is hard to beat. I haven’t found any Majesty 2 cheats to use, so that is even out of the question! :)
Aside from the new missions, not too much was added content wise, but it is fun and worth it if you like the game.
The only problem I encountered is that when I tried to save a game it exited out on me, didn’t save… and I had to start the mission over again. Not so fun really, and quite frustrating!
This expansion pack is only $14.95! So, really you can’t beat that for a new expansion pack. You do have to already have to have the base game, but it is rather cheap too. Numerous hours of entertainment for under $20 – what isn’t to like?
Majesty 2 System Requirements:
• Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
• Processor: 2 Ghz dual core processor
• Memory: 1 GB RAM
• Hard disk space: 4 GB free hard drive space
• Video: 512 MB, PS 2.0, GeForce 6800GTX or better
• Sound: DirectX-compatible
• DirectX®: 9.0c
• Requires Majesty 2 at least version 1.4.356 to play
* Thank you to the publisher of Majesty 2: Battles of Ardania, Paradox Interactive and Gamers Gate for providing me a digital copy of this game and allowing me to review it.