June 6, 2010

27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home by Tisha Morris

27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home by Tisha Morris is the perfect starter guide to Feng Shui. This book shows you how to use the art of Feng Shui to create a more personal and inviting atmosphere into your home which will renovate your life.

“Discover how to:
Manageably clear clutter to optimize space.
Use lighting color, and simple objects to create good energy flow.
Space clear to promote good health.
Integrate the Five Elements into your home to create harmony.”


- 27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home


Feng Shui is something I’ve wanted to implement into my room and home for years. For some reason though, I just never got around to it. This book made me want to get up and actually do these 27 things – and I did just that!

Here are some of my experiences with some of the suggestions from this book:

Clean Out Your Closet
Closets seem to get cluttered again shortly after cleaned, don’t they? Well, this time I pulled out everything in my closets (I have 2 in my bedroom) and completely reorganized them. Even though I didn’t get rid of too much, I did clean them and organize everything so the energy flow in them is 100% better.

The effect: I could notice a large change in my bedroom the same day I cleaned and organized the closets. It was like the heavy feeling was gone from the room!


Keep Doorways Clear
I have lots of cool stuff, and sometimes some of that stuff blocks doorways. Apparently, this is very bad for feng shui. So, I moved some stuff around and made it as open as possible (it isn’t 100% but hey, I’m not perfect).

The effect: It is supposed to be letting in new opportunities, and I’ve gotten a few more writing jobs since doing this, so I think it worked!


Clear Out Old Pictures/ Change Your Wall Art
I don’t have too many pictures of people in my bedroom, but I do love artwork. I’ve had a new True Blood poster of Eric waiting to be put out, so I hung that over my TV. I also rearranged some other items and artwork in the house as well.

The effect: I like not seeing the same thing where it was for years, moving it around seemed to help spice things up. I’m also loving my Eric poster, who wouldn’t love a hot black and white picture of Alexander Skarsgard as a vampire hanging in their bedroom? Okay, not for everyone – but for me it is the best!


Add Purple to Bring in Wealth
My room is already a nice deep shade of purple. So, not too much new with this one, but the color is very soothing to me.

The effect: Maybe I need to repaint the room to get the fresh rich wealthy feeling. Moving everything would be a huge hassle though, so I just cleaned the walls. I think it gave the same feeling because the next week – I won a prize and got more writing jobs!


Overall, I am quite pleased with what I learned from 27 Things to Feng Shui Your Home by Tisha Morris. I think that if you were ever interested in Feng Shui, or just want to make the energy and feel of your home better, this would be a great starting point for learning about Feng Shui in an easily readable and teachable way.


This book is part of Turner Publishing’s Good Things to Know series which “focuses on simple, pragmatic actions that can have a strong and lasting impact in the lives of readers.” – Turner Publishing.

* Thank you to the publisher of 21 Things to Create a Better Life, Turner Publishing for providing me with a review copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

So cool! I need to give that a try- why not? :-)