June 24, 2010

Auromère – Ayurvedic Imports: Review

Auromère Ayurvedic Imports offers unique body care and lifestyle products from India. It is one of those online shops that I would so love to go visit in person as I can imagine how amazing it would be to see and smell everything in person. It also makes me want to visit India one day even more than I already did.


About Ayurveda
It literally means “the science of life” and is the ancient system of promoting health and rejuvenation with natural herbs and minerals that began over 3,000 years ago, with the great sage, Dhanwantari. As he sat in meditation in the midst of a forest, Nature revealed the curative and therapeutic properties of each tree, plant, herb, root, mineral and flower to him. These beneficial links between the vegetable, mineral and human worlds are used to promote bodily health by cultivating a harmonious balance of Nature’s three subtle energies, the doshas: vata, pitta and kapha, which are present in all life and matter.

Auromère Ayurvedic Imports was the first of its kind to bring Ayurveda to the U.S. Vice President of Auromère, Vishnu Eschner, says that their mission “is to introduce the benefits of the Ayurvedic system of health to modern-day Americans in ways that are accessible, affordable and adaptable to their fast-paced lives. In essence, to bring the ancient spiritual and traditional healing wisdom of India within reach.”


So, What Did I Think?
Thanks to Auromère, I was able to sample some of their products. First of all, I have to say that I absolutely love what they are doing as a company by bringing us affordable and high quality products while remaining cruelty-free. I’ve been interested in herbs and healing properties of them for a long time (I have a few Aunts who are very into this area as well).

The products I tried:

Rejuvenating Mud Bath & Mask – I love baths, but I’d never taken a mud bath before using this sample. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. I didn’t think that it would be like what I saw on TV when people are in thick mud baths, and luckily for our plumbing it wasn’t. Instead, I had to paint it on the areas I wanted it to go and then keep it wet for about 10 minutes – not quite a bath, really more like a mask. It was fun though and I think the overall soothing and healing powers of the minerals in it was well worth it.

Neem Balm – it says that this could be used for insect bites, so after getting bit up pretty badly while outside one day recently, I decided to try my sample on a few of the bites I’d gotten. It helped to relieve the itchiness and the swelling did go down some. I’m not sure if it healed any faster than anything else would have, but I did like it.

Incense – I’m one of those people who has loved incense since I was a teenager. I don’t smoke, so I’m not trying to cover any other smells or anything like that. I just love the scent of incense and I also happen to enjoy watching it float out of my incense holder. I’m a hippie at heart sometimes, what can I say? Through the years though, I’ve had some really bad incense experiences (some makes my eyes dry and itchy, some really makes them water, some stinks awfully bad, etc). Luckily, the Auromère incense I tried only had the positive experiences of using incense, and I think it did soothe my worrying over a test (I did happen to make an A on one while it was lit). Their prices are really good too, so I will definitely be purchasing one of their variety packs once I run out of the incense I have stocked up on runs out.

Rejuvenating Hand & Body Lotion – their lotion combines deep-penetrating and nourishing properties of sesame oil with the rejuvenative action from almond oil and castor oil, and then infused with 13 Ayurvedic herbal extracts traditionally preseribed for skin preservation, conditioning and muscle tone. I used this on my arms and legs, and I have to say that it definitely goes on nice and smooth. It also did keep where I applied it moisturized and pleasantly scented all day. Very nice.

Ayurvedic Soap in Lavender-Neem – I love the smell of lavender and this soap provides just enough of the scent with out over-stimulating your senses of it. It contains NEEM which is the premiere herb for skin care as well as 16 other herbal extracts and oils prized for restorative skin care.

Sulfate-free Shampoo (Aloe Vera – Neem) – this is a gentle shampoo that cleans the hair and the scalp without over-drying it. The Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil conditions it so that I didn’t even need to use conditioner afterwards. Loved it!

Ayurvedic Herbal Toothpaste and Mouthwash – until recently I didn’t know that most toothpastes contain gluten (which, if you remember I cannot have), fluoride, artificial sweeteners, bleaches, dyes, and SLS. The Auromère toothpastes have none of those in them and instead have natural ingredients that people have been using for a long time to protect against bacteria, polish their teeth, strengthen their gums, and protect their enamel. I tried their fresh mint, mint free, non-foaming, and licorice flavors. My favorite was the fresh mint. It cleaned my teeth, left it feeling nice and I don’t have to worry about any of the harmful things like gluten in my toothpaste anymore!


1 comment:

Audrey♥ said...

I use auromere toothpaste too! It's an odd colour, but I agree, you don't have to worry about harmful chemicals!