June 2, 2010

Restaurant Empire 2: Video Game Review

Restaurant Empire 2 is the sequel to the popular Restaurant Empire. This time around, you get to go further into the culinary field than ever before.

You get to take part in an exciting world where you are building a restaurant empire. The customers are much like real ones where they want the best – for the lowest possible price. They’re selective too. Aside from pleasing customers, you also have to keep your staff happy and train them to please the customers.

Features
• Brand new 16-mission campaign giving you a look at the Leboufs as they tiptoe through the minefield of marriage and the unique challenges of professional success.
• State-of-the-art graphics engine that brings life to the cities, characters and restaurants that populate the world, providing a sense of unprecedented realism. Food has never looked this good!
• Two new enterprise categories -- Coffee Shop and Dessert House -- which complement the existing Restaurant enterprise. Each new category has more than 130 unique delicacies, beverages and recipes to choose from, leading to a total of over 600 different recipes in the game.
• New theme restaurants ranging from the Aquatic Deep and Exotic Rainforest to Motor Racing. You have never seen restaurants look this amazing!
• Over 700 new interior objects, bringing the total number of objects to 1,400. There is more variety than ever when setting up, decorating and managing your restaurant.
• Introducing German cuisine to complement the American, French and Italian food categories.
• Munich has been added as a city, joining Los Angeles, Paris and Rome.
• Hire live performers to perk up your restaurant’s atmosphere; choose from concert soloists, rock bands or circus artists.

- Restaurant Empire 2


Restaurant Empire 2 is the first restaurant Sim type game I’ve played. I was quite impressed with how fast it loads and wasn’t ever laggy or gave me any issues at all.

While playing through the campaign, I loved that they had such fun characters as Don Corleone who provided starter money for Armand to run his legit restaurant businesses, if he could meet his expectations money wise. One of those restaurants in Rome was called “La Cosa Nostra.” As a fan of mafia movies and shows, I really loved this.

Another colorful character which I quite liked was the hippie guy in Los Angeles who provided the best herbs and vegetables. What can I say, he grew “herbs” and was a “supplier.”

Overall, I quite liked the game and enjoyed playing it. It was fun and because it takes awhile to get through the missions, build up your restaurant, decorate it, etc, it is something you can enjoy for quite awhile.

Some improvements I would like to see if there will be a Restaurant Empire 3: a section with real recipes for the food you’re cooking (I’d like to try cooking some of those things!), the option to price food items the same at all of your restaurants, and the ability to just type in the quantity of items to purchase instead of just clicking one up or down each item.






* Thank you to the publisher of Restaurant Empire 2, Paradox Interactive, and Gamers Gate for providing me with a review copy of this game for the review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love restaurant sim games, I will definitely have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I love restaurant games. I have an addiction to Diner Dash. =)

noone said...

there's a sim game for everythign now! I think the last sim game I played was Sim City 2000. haha like 10 years ago. Oh no wait I played The Sims for a while and that got too hard and took up too much time that I gave up on it!