June 8, 2010

Babushka’s Beauty Secrets by Raisa Ruder and Susan Campos

Babushka’s Beauty Secrets by Raisa Ruder and Susan Campos is a perfect beauty companion for spa quality, at home, beauty secrets!

All natural ingredients, using what you already have (or can purchase easily and inexpensively) to create beauty products is making a huge comeback. People (myself included) are tired of paying exuberant prices for products that quite honestly don’t even work 90% of the time.

If you feel this way too, or perhaps just want to try making a couple of the beauty recipes the all natural way, as shared by Raisa Ruder, this is a perfect book for you.


Book Description
“DON'T SPEND A FORTUNE TO LOOK FLAWLESS Esthetician to the stars Raisa Ruder learned her time-tested beauty techniques from her Ukrainian grandmother (or babushka, as they say in the old country). Now everyone can discover the all-natural, better-than-botox secrets the Hollywood stars use to shine on the red carpet! Ruder reveals her sought-after beauty recipes that can fight wrinkles, plump lips, and eliminate crow's feet and acne, using inexpensive, everyday grocery items like eggs, honey, vegetable oil and strawberries (and a splash of vodka for freshness!).” – Babushka’s Beauty Secrets


My Thoughts
Organic, natural, “green” products, you know, the “real” stuff – why have we moved so far away from that? Products that promote that they have certain things, looking closer, shows that they really don’t have very much of said beneficial product in there to do much good. Why haven’t we been demanding better?

Raisa Ruder really has me changed to making my own beauty products, well some. I won’t be going out and making my own makeup anytime soon. I however will be making my own bath salts, bath mixes, facial masks, eyelash grower, and even mascara remover from now on.

I remember reading about Cleopatra bathing in milk. I don’t remember where I read or heard this, but I was reminded of this in Babushka’s Beauty Secrets. This “Milk Bath” was the very first beauty product I tried making from this book. It is a simple method of doing it, and only takes at most 5 minutes. The results however, were amazing! It made my skin moisturized and looked as great as it felt. Seriously, this is a must try from this book!

Sometimes my hair gets pretty dry. The “Dry Hair Eraser” recipe did the trick on making it healthy, shiny and bounce back to life again. Plus, the ingredients (which I did have to buy) are so much cheaper than those expensive “treatments” sold at salons!

My eyes are super sensitive, so most eye makeup removers are too strong and harsh for them – I literally feel burning with most. However, the “Take It All Off” recipe (that is so simple and affordable) in this book saves me the burning red-eye look after I take off my eye makeup! Speaking of, there is even a recipe in here that can help you make your eyelashes better – without a prescription (and those nasty side effects).

Babushka’s Beauty Secrets is a fabulous book that shares the very real and tested secrets as told by Raisa Ruder. I love everything I have tried from this book, and look forward to trying new ones out as often as possible. If you want to be more green, save money, and go back to the basics, this is the perfect book for you!


* Thank you to the publisher of Babushka’s Beauty Secrets, Wellness Central, part of the Hachette Book Group for providing me with a copy of this book for review. All opinions expressed are my own.

6 comments:

Suz said...

I was looking for a book about eco-friendly spa products and this looks like the book for the job! Thanks for sharing about it.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Hmm.. sounds interesting! I love making things myself and keeping things basic.
Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Sounds cool! I def wanna try that dry hair eraser, I have that problem too. =]

Great review!

Lucy said...

I have been looking for more eco friendly skin care products. I use skin care products everyday and I know I need to be more responsible. I will definitely be grabbing this book.
Thanks!

Sheri, RN said...

I hope you all enjoy it, and let me know how you like it if you do win or buy it. :)

Brittney Bringas said...

Raisa Ruder is one of the best when it comes to beauty; including facials and waxings. I have had all my facials and waxings done by her for over a year now and won't go anywhere else. She's professional and striking in beauty. If you want to contact her and try her out, guarenteed you will love her. Phone (310)360-6500 E-mail: raisabrowart@yahoo.com or Website: raisa-skincare.com. She has been in the Esthetician Beauty Business for about 15 years now and she knows what shes doing. Everyone needs to try her out!!!