January 29, 2009

Danger on the Harry Potter Set

Daniel Radcliffe’s stuntman was hospitalized with serious back injuries on Wednesday. According to this article, the accident took place pre-production for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

The 25 year old stuntman has doubled for Daniel Radcliffe on all of the Harry Potter films. His name is not being released due to respect for his family. The stuntman was doing an aerial sequence in which the stuntman was suspended by a harness. It went horribly wrong when a planned blast didn’t go according to plan and he crashed to the ground.

I hope that the stuntman will be okay and won’t suffer anything serious overall. My thoughts and prayers go out towards him and his family.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be split up into two movies. The first is supposed to be released in November 2010. I’m not holding my breath though – we all know what happens to release dates. I hope it does come out then, and not in 2011!

6 comments:

insomniaclolita said...

im sorry for the stuntman, hp is roughhhhh :)

ps. but im glad theyll split the most crucial book in harry potter, they CANT ruin it or the fans will seriously go after them, haha

Liz said...

Not into Harry Potter. However, I hope the stuntman gets well quick!

Ashlee K. said...

Oh I hope they don't delay this movie too! I also really hope that the stuntguy will be ok!

Teri said...

OMG 2010 sounds so far away and futuristic! Then I look at my calendar and it's NEXT YEAR!!!!! WOAH!

Sheri said...

I know! I feel like last year was 1999! Time really does go by fast doesn't it?

Lee said...

I hope he gets better. I mean, come on, getting hurt for Harry Potter?