March 6, 2009

Flashback Friday – Are You Afraid of the Dark?



Remember the television series on Nickelodeon’s SNICK called Are You Afraid of the Dark? It was quite possibly one of my favorite series back when I was in elementary school. I loved SNICK. I will probably feature later Flashback Fridays on some of those other shows too. Remember that big orange couch? I saw it at Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando, FL on a field trip for school. We also saw an episode of Clarissa Explains it All being filmed, well behind glass for a part of it. It was awesome either way!



I’ve always loved scary stories, so this was my favorite show on SNICK. My bestfriend growing up hated it though because it was too scary. I’d always try to get her to watch it though when she slept over on Saturday night. LOL If nobody was over though, I’d usually watch it in my parent’s bedroom. It was way before TiVo and maybe I felt more comfortable watching it in there instead of my own room. Who knows?

I must confess though, I was scared of the dark for real for a long time. I slept with a night light. Yup. You heard it here.


So my questions for you:

Do you remember the series?
Did you like it?
Did it scare you?
Any favorite episodes?

6 comments:

Paula said...

I do remember the show, but I didn't watch it. As a child, I was VERY afraid of the dark, and didn't do well with stories about scary things that happened in the dark. LOL I still don't watch frightening movies.

I totally admire that you are able to do paranormal investigations; I'm fascinated by it, but I think I'd be too much of a scaredy cat to do them myself.

Nickie. said...

Omg I remember this show!! I love it and I loved SNICK!!! My friend has ditigal cable..soo I always flip it on to Legends of the Hidden Temple..another aweesome show!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED SNICK!!!!!! This was one of my favs too! I hated the clown episdoe though it scared me too much!!!

Andhari said...

It was very scary for me. Although I bet it doesnt scare me all that much right now.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember this show.

Wendyburd1 said...

I loved this series, not sure if it scared me. I remember an episode in a mall..hmmm