March 7, 2009

Sookie Stackhouse + Long Update

I finally used my Wal-Mart gift card my brother gave me for Christmas. I used it online and bought the Sookie Stackhouse bookset. It ended up being the same price (when figuring in shipping) as amazon.com so I figured why not? I needed to use the card before it expired or was lost anyways. Plus, I’ve wanted to read this series for awhile now

It arrived today. Very quick shipping! I just ordered it like 2 nights ago and didn’t pay any extra for such fast shipping. Very nice. Usually amazon.com’s free shipping takes at least a week (sometimes 3 weeks).

I’ll post more about these books as I read them or after I’m done with the series. Have any of you read them? Did you like it? Do you watch True Blood on HBO? I only saw one episode of True Blood, but I liked it. I have it waiting in my NetFlix que for whenever they have the DVD set.



As you noticed, I have been changing the layout around here. I posted about it a few entries ago. I’ve also edited the right sidebar some and added to it. I’m also thinking about making a top area with links to things. Any suggestions?

Today I have my paranormal stuff to do. Sounds funny saying it like that. I have a meeting to go to and then we’re going on a residential investigation. That means I more than likely can’t say much about it. Next weekend we’re reviewing the material from Sloss Furnace. Fun fun! I hope we caught something good.

The picture I posted of my closet and part of my room really made me want to cleanup my closets and room. So, I cleaned it up yesterday while listening to Lady GaGa, The All American Rejects, Britney Spears, Metro Station, Justin Timberlake and TI, Coldplay and The Pussycat Dolls. Yeah, I have an odd assortment of music there and I love it! Should I grab one of those cool lil iPod things and add music to my blog? I’ve been thinking about it…

Anyways, I moved out all of my Collector Barbies and put them on the top shelves of the guest bedroom’s closet. Here are their pictures since they are going into the dark for a long time now and they wanted to say “Hello.” Really, they did. See them waving at you?



While cleaning it out I also came across my most expensive shoes. They are 2 couture pairs from Nicole Miller. I love them but I’ve never worn them outside the house. I know, I really should. I’m just scared I’m gonna ruin them or something and you all know how much those cost!



To clean out my closet I figured I really needed to take out everything that was hanging up and try it on if I haven’t worn it for awhile. If it didn’t fit right, I’d put it up on the top shelf. This seemed to work pretty well but took a long time. I ended up with quite a few things that are up on the top shelf now, but it just gives me that much more motivation to workout and eat better. Seeing that I have Armani and Dior up there really irks me.

Now I present to you my newly cleaned up closet.



Whew. So, that was how I spent most of my day yesterday. I wonder how many calories I burned trying on all those clothes and cleaning. It was only one of the closets too. I still have the other one, but it isn’t that bad. That is where my more dressy clothes are and all my coats and jackets and more shoes. Actually, it is pretty bad too but it is hard to open the door too far because of my computer desk. I’ll put that closet off for a few more days.

How are all of your weekends going? Doing anything fun and exciting? Tell me about it!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to clean out my closet too....

Cute Shoes!

Kristina P. said...

I really need one of those shoes raack things!!

Anonymous said...

I love cleaning out closets!

Paula said...

So much going on! I like the new layout and am thinking of redoing my blog too. I've got the layout all chosen, but then it seems daunting to actually do it because I want to make a personalized header.

I love your fancy shoes and your collector Barbies. I don't collect much, except rhinos, and those are scattered around the apartment.

Oh! and we're gonna watch Twilight tonight. I haven't read the books and I don't know much about the story. Woo!

Andhari said...

Ohhh you make me wanna clean my room, it's in very destructive state right now. I love it though lol

Hepburn Hilton said...

I am in love with how you organize your shoes! Looks like there are a lot of beauties there!!

Thank you for joinging "This is.. " Posting is on Thuesday! :)

Unknown said...

WOW uve got more shos than I do!! and I call myself a shopaholic...

The Garver Family said...

I love this post Sheri! I love how you admit you've put things on the top shelf that don't fit right. (I'd have to have two shelves, I fear.)

I love the Barbies, too.

When you're finished reading those Sookie books you'll definitely have to post about them.

Oh, and great shoes, btw. I don't wear heals for my sake and others...but mostly mine. I can barely walk normally as it is. But I do appreciate heals...very lovely.

Lee said...

Those shoes are cute!
Is it bad I totally waved at your barbies?
I refuse to watch True Blood. Twilight ripoff!

Wendyburd1 said...

You did a good job on your closet. I LOVE Barbie, I don't have any collector ones, just the ones I owned. I do want some of the ones I see in the special catalog, and from around the World ones, LOL. I also want a redheaded one. I had one, I was like 22 but she was stunning. My lil sis TOOK her without permission as a prop for a high school report and the teacher took her and NEVER GAVE HER BACK!! And my sister would NOT ask for it!! She was so gorgeous too, LONG fire red waves! grrrrr, sisters!

Bobby G said...

Trueblood is GREAT! what a fanatstic show! You will enjoy the series im sure (though I've never read the books) the Show as AMAZING! Cant wait for season 2!

Nickie. said...

I love your shoe collection. I need to clean my closet too..all my clothes are getting so small. =(

Robyn said...

closet cleaning is always a chore. Often find lots of old things you didn't even know you had in there. Love the shoes and collectable barbies!

BIBI said...

I just cleaned out my closet about two months ago. I have yet to put back some stuff that is to go in there. I am packing up things in those space bags that you vacuum all of the air out to make more space.

Hmmmm... I love Barbie's. I too have a collection. But it is just two Barbie's. Not as much as you have. I will one day have a bigger collection once the babes stop taking my dolls! :)