March 11, 2009

Vampire Skull Found!

Look what I found on Yahoo! News this morning. Their website has a video to go with it too! Check it out.

The remains of a medieval “vampire” were discovered in Venice, Italy among the corpses of 16th century plague. The body of the woman was found in a mass grave on the Venetian island of Lazzaretto Nuovo. Back then people suspected of being vampires shoved a large rock into the mouths of the dead to prevent them from chewing through the gravesite and infecting others from the plague, said anthropologist Matteo Borrini of the University of Florence.

How interesting!

They also link to an article about how they claim vampires can be “debunked” here. However, I completely do not agree with their logic. I also find it funny that the professor debunking it is from the university I graduated from. Anyways, Efthimiou's debunking logic: On Jan 1, 1600, the human population was 536,870,911. If the first vampire came into existence that day and bit one person a month, there would have been two vampires by Feb. 1, 1600. A month later there would have been four, and so on. In just two-and-a-half years the original human population would all have become vampires with nobody left to feed on.

I don’t know if vampires exist or not, I kinda hope they do. I’m weird I know. But if they did, I don’t think they would go around killing people every night and turning them into a vampire. It is more likely they just feed when they have to and they rarely turn others into vampires. If they are real, I also think that we probably have met some and didn’t even know it. What do you think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!? nice work nancy drew :) kudos!!!

Andhari said...

I bet if they exist they dont look as good as hollywood makes it, or stephenie meyer makes it. OOOOOHH,

Anonymous said...

Sorry.... I don't believe in vampires.

Lee said...

I thought they were cool until I realized she was just accused of being a vampire.
I expected to see some sharp teeth or something.
Bah.

BIBI said...

Good research! I never would have guessed the origin of Vampires. Then again I am kinda of scared of them. But I do want to watch Twilight. Tehehe
Great post Sheri!

Wendyburd1 said...

I would believe just so I could think there are more Edwards in the world!!

The Garver Family said...

I'm sure they aren't real, but it doesn't mean it's not interesting...I still enjoy reading about them and watching movies about them, etc.