March 19, 2009

Sheri’s World Domination

I installed Google Analytics back in December. It is an interesting way to see where people are from that visit my site and how they get there.

People from 69 countries have visited my Blog. That is really cool! Top countries were: United States, Indonesia, Australia and United Kingdom.



I’m also only missing 2 states out of all of the United States that have visited my Blog: Wyoming and Alaska. Come on people from there visit my Blog!



Another fun thing Google Analytics can show you is the keywords people use to find your website. Here are the top 10 searches people used to find Sheri’s World:

1. Robert Pattinson
2. Joaquin Phoenix Letterman
3. Tokidoki Christmas
4. Sheri’s World
5. Twilight Soundtrack
6. “Sheri likes to”
7. Lady painted car with nail polish
8. Noccalula Falls
9. The Bachelor
10. Rihanna and Chris Brown

Scrolling down the long list I also came across some very odd things people typed in and found my Blog. Here are my top 10 weird ones (and some commentary by me):

1. Rihanna with an eye patch – must have been from my AMA Awards post.
2. Shaiya nude mode – I did a review of Shaiya, but no nude mode!
3. “Old Greg inspirational quotes” – LOL Old Greg… so weird.
4. Beautiful faces of celebs – from my Oscars review I think, but still weird to search for that phrase.
5. Does Robert Pattinson snore? – I would like to find out! Hey Rob, call me!
6. Lady Gaga nail polish – she has her own brand? I never knew!
7. Robert Pattinson sex talk – again, Rob call me!
8. Sheri nude – you perv! No nude pics of me!
9. Survivor Sheri – I’ve never been on Survivor, I don’t think I could handle that kind of camping!
10. Jason on The Bachelor Sucks – I so agree!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got google analytics and I love knowing where people have come from!

For some reason I don't get a lot of keyword searches so people aren't searching the right things!

Andhari said...

I love keywords, so far what I have are dirty :P Your visitors from Indonesia? hmmm I wonder who one of them could be ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL loved the commentary of top 10 weird searches!

Jenny Melzer said...

Ooh, I haven't tried google analytics, but you've got me thinking about it now. It is weird the things people searh on, isn't it?

Lee said...

Okay, can you email me?
I set up what it told me to do, it said it's receiving data, and it said that there have been 0 visitors.
Am I doing something wrong??
I even had my friends visit it just to prove it.

Anonymous said...

What a neat application!

Tara Lamont said...

Sheri -
I recently added Google Analytics to my blog and love seeing all the places world-wide that people are reading from too!
I'm hoping for hits from all of US as well.

Bobby G said...

HA! I forgot I did mine! What a cool site!

Robyn said...

Wow that is insane that it can tell you all that. Makes me want to set it up for my blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love seeing what ppl google to get to my blog! Too funny!

BIBI said...

Interesting! I never realized that I had that on my google account. I need to check it out!

Shareen Mohd Saleh said...

You've been tagged. Check out my page ^_^

Kate-uhh said...

Sheri,

I just finished book 4, and I was so upset Sookie wasn't back with Bill I Googled and well, ended up here. Thanks for the overview of the books, but I'm sad to see it's not a happy ending for them... yet.

Something about Twilight versus Southern Vampires, Twilight was written 4 years after Dead Until Dark, and I thought it mighty strange that there are so many overlaps... telepathy, vampirism, werewolves, shifters who pretend to be weres but aren't actually... even the way the female responds to being told she's loved for the first time. Makes me go "hmmmm."

Cheers!