March 17, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day



Are you wearing green today? If not, watch out or you’ll be pinched! I’m wearing my bright green Lucky Clover t-shirt. First time I’ve worn it even (I was saving it for today). I don’t have any big plans for today. I actually just got back from the hospital. I'd write more about the holiday, but I'm just too tired right now.

Sorry I haven’t been posting much recently, but I have been super busy. This weekend was busy and then Sunday night my brother went to the hospital with chest pains. So, I was there until he was admitted into a room and then he had another big test done today. Turns out he is okay for now, but he will need surgery in maybe 10 years. For now medicine will work, so that is good news.

Last night my nephews were over here (my brother who is in the hospital’s kids). We had dinner and watched scary movies. They are 9 and 10 yrs old. We watched Resident Evil and then Van Helsing. I think Resident Evil was a bit too scary for them though, but they watched it anyways.

Tonight I am going to try to write more to my book. I’ve tried a few times recently but haven’t had much luck. Writer’s block really sucks.

How are you spending St. Patrick’s day? Doing anything special? Drinking some green beer? Guiness?

10 comments:

Nickie. said...

I'm sorry about your brother. =( But it's good he's ok. =) I really have nothing planned. I'm not a big drinker nor Irish so.

But Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!!!

Paula said...

I just got back from the chiropractor who threatened to pinch me. No green.

At least he's funny and we were laughing really hard about it.

Unknown said...

I'm lucky I'm wearing green!

Hope your brother gets better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that he feels better soon!

No green here. I am at work. I am drinking green tea...:o)

Andhari said...

I'm really sorry about your brother, I hope the medicine really helps.

Happy St patrick's day, Sheri.

Sheri, RN said...

Thanks for all the kind words everyone :) I really appreciate it.

Nickie, you have to invite me to read it, not sure how to do that b/c mine isn't set to private.

Nickie. said...

Email with the addy for your blog pleaseee. =) My email is bunnni.chick@gmail.com!! Thanks!

Jenny Melzer said...

I did not wear green yesterday because I'm Scots-Irish, and my ancestors believed that wearing green attracted the fae folk. While faeries are cute in television shows, you certainly don't want their attention. They can be mean, spiteful, and have been known to abduct and replace children with changelings.

I'd rather be pinched, than prodded by faeries. :)

Hope you had a great St. Paddy's! Go n-eírí an bóthar leat.

Lee said...

I avoided human contact yesterday for the soul reason that I did NOT want to be pinched.
I hope your brother gets better soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy post-St. Patrick's Day! We had adoption class so didn't get to do anything fabulous...oh well!