March 26, 2010

The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff

The Sims likes to keep your Sims happy and you from getting bored from the same old things that come with the game (and expansion packs). So, while waiting for a new expansion pack to come out, they often release “stuff packs.”

The first stuff pack for The Sims 3 is High End Loft Stuff and is as you would expect, very modern and “high end.” With this upgrade, you can transform your Sims homes into sleek, edgy apartments and homes. Furnishings are all quite sleek and modern too. The new fashion is modern and sophisticated as well.


Features
• Add high-end furnishings to your Sims bedroom, entertainment room, office and patio.
• Transform your Sims’ homes into cutting-edge spaces with contemporary sofas, sleek coffee tables, and eclectic art.
• Give your Sims coveted electronics including high-tech, ultra-slim TVs, video game systems, stereos, and more.
• Upgrade your Sims’ wardrobes with fashion-forward apparel, tailored suits, and sophisticated outerwear.
• Plus Bonus Anniversary Items! This special 10th Anniversary pack also includes three well-loved items from The Sims and The Sims 2 games: the heart-shaped vibrating bed, the electric guitar, and the aquarium.

My favorite item included in this stuff pack is the large fish aquarium. I was really missing have a fish tank in my home (the little goldfish one wasn’t cutting it), so I was really excited to see this in my Sim’s home. I could even stock it with fish (and even an alligator) that my Sim caught herself. Yeah, pretty cool.

I also really like the new high-tech TV, game system and stereo too. I’m more about fashion though, and really like one of the outfits offered and edited it myself (first one I really wanted to submit to the exchange). Which, you can see here if you like.



One of my favorite new aspects to The Sims 3 is that you can use their Exchange. Which allows users like you and me to upload and download edited items into your game. If you don’t have the style you are downloading in your game already though, it won’t work so you still have to purchase it before the download will work.

Aside from The Exchange offered with The Sims 3, they do have many new sets and items you can purchase singularly from their Store which you can download right into your game. Items from the “stuff packs” and expansions are NOT in the Store, so you will have to purchase those the normal way.

I actually did give in and purchase their fairy and gothic sets from the Store. I’m a sucker for fairies and vampires. Speaking of, I hope they let us be vampires in The Sims 3 one day.

You can go to my studio and checkout and download (please rate up too) clothing, patterns and even me as a Sim. As of right now, my items have been downloaded over 1,000 times. Pretty cool. Kinda weird too though thinking that I’m in people’s games I don’t know. I wonder what they have my Sim do?

If you play The Sims 3 too, go to my page and add me as a friend. I’d love to see what you’ve created as well!


System Requirements:
Requires The Sims 3 or The Sims 3 Collector’s Edition for PC/Mac to play.


* Thank you to the publisher of The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff, Electronic Arts and Gamers Gate for providing me a digital copy of The Sims 3: High End Loft Stuff and allowing me to review the game.


3 comments:

Andhari said...

Wondered how the tailored clothes looklike now. It's like haute couture sims clothes now, right?:D

Shareen Mohd Saleh said...

Personally, I'm not sure if this objects pack is worth it. But I'll probably get it anyways LOL

Anonymous said...

I got this game and some of the clothes are too modern and futuristic that I don't put them on my sims.But I love the furniture.