December 3, 2008

Let it Snow - please?

I’m a Floridan, I’m not used to ‘cold’ weather. I’ve lived in Northern Alabama for a few years now, but not enough to make up for the better part of my life in Florida. It is true I actually hate the heat and humidity that Florida offers. I do happen to love the fall and winter seasons the most. I even wish it would snow here. After all, what is the point of it getting below freezing without the fresh white snow?

My family goes to visit my Aunt and Uncle in North Carolina a lot during the winter (and summer too really). My favorite memory of snow is when I woke up there one time while my other Aunt was visiting there too and we woke up to fresh snow outside. We played in the snow for hours building snowmen, snowballs and of course – snow angels! Why can’t it snow here? WHY?!?!

That is where this Blog post comes in. Really, it is just me complaining that I want snow. It is in the 20s (Fahrenheit) at night and usually not over the mid 40s during the day. So, why can’t it freaking snow?!? I’m not asking for feet of snow here, just a few inches that will stay on the ground all day. The kind you can play in and make snowballs and small mini-sized snowmen even. It appears to be snowing in Chicago today and I am envious. Send some of your snow here!

Do you enjoy the snow? Do you have snow on the ground where you live yet? What is your favorite memory of snow?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that song! I wish it would snow where I live too!

Nickie. said...

I live in new england, and we get our fair share of snow. It's actully become a little more managable in the past few years, as the snow fall amounts have come down and its snow's less frequently. As you can tell, I hate the SNOW!!! Don't get me wrong, its beautiful at first, but when a HUGE storm hits and I have to sit in my house all day long it stinks. (I live on a huge hill). If I didn't live on a hill with a steep driveway I think I'd be ok.

But, I'm moving to Florida in 2 yrs, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Hope you get some snow!!!!! =)

*Akilah Sakai* said...

I hate snow!! Been around snow for most of my life. I also dislike being cold, so...

When snow is falling it is nice to "watch" from inside a warm home with a cup of tea or hot chocolate.

When snow is freshly fallen it is GORGEOUS! The trees are gorgeous and it's so serene.

When foot traffic and cars start turning it all brown and slushy, and cars look horrible with brown snow all up in the wheels and the salt laid down on the roads dirties the cars...it's not so nice.

BIBI said...

Sherri,
I can sympathize with you. No I am not a Floridian nor have I ever been to Florida. (California yes. Florida no). I live in Virginia where the temp will get to 0 degrees and no snow. It is frustrating because I want my children to experience real snow.
I grew up in N.Y.C until I was thirteen and I love the snow. I CAN do without the cold however.
You say you live in Alabama, and it sounds as if VA and AL have the same kind of temp. (never been to AL either!)
Anywho, if it snows here I send some your way. :)

Brenda Susan said...

I hate to be cold & the idea of living in snow sounds awful to me. I'm a californian thru & thru, love a sunny but slightly brisk Christmas day!

Amanda said...

I grew up in a snowbelt area of Canada, so I remember having a couple of weeks of Snow Days every year from school when it was too snowy for the buses to pick anyone up. Now I leave in Korea and I agree, if it's going to get cold, it ought to snow. Outside of Seoul, there is plenty of snow, but here in the city we don't see much, sadly.