December 2, 2008

Library Thing

Picking up a good book and getting lost in it is one of my favorite things to do. I’ve had a strong love of books since I was a little kid. My Mom taught me to appreciate books and take good care of them – and I still do! Perhaps I am a little bit neurotic about my book care now though. I don’t bend the spines, fold the pages, get any food or water on them, I dust them, etc. Basically, I make sure they still look as good as when I bought them originally.

I would love to have a library in my house one day. Perhaps not as grand as Oprah’s – but a girl can dream, right?

While I was browsing some fellow Blogger’s pages I came across the Library Thing widget. I clicked on the link and instantly had to sign up and make my library. I added most of the books in my room right now. I have more books to add sometime, but they are in storage. It is a pretty cool site, if you like books. You can even see other members that have the same books as you. If you like books, I suggest you sign up too!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I LOVE my Library Thing! It's awesome and so worth it! I'm addicted. Be sure to sign up for the Early Reviewers so that you can get free books to preview!

Sheri, RN said...

Thanks for informing me about the Early Reviewers! I just signed up for that and hope I can be able to get some of those books too!

Teri said...

Now I'm following you!
You better be entertaining as I'm not generally one to read a whole bunch of other people's blogs. I'm too narcissistic for that! lol