December 6, 2008

The Pyramid Collection

I’ve always been drawn to the “New Age” type of jewelry, books, knick knacks, etc. While I was visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, my Aunt Stacy showed me some catalogs she gets. One of them was The Pyramid Collection. I’ve never heard of this store before, but I loved 75% of the items in this catalog!

After my horrible fiasco shopping on Black Friday, I was bummed and ended up buying some items (mostly on clearance) from their website. I picked out an Aventurine Cabochon Ring that was on clearance for $19.95, Amy Brown 2008 calendar featuring Fairies (also on clearance for $4.99) and a Rhodochrosite ring that was not on clearance for $39.95.

I really like the Aventurine Cabochon Ring. It is a deep green and the setting really does look Victorian antique. As it’s description states, “aventurine’s greenish tint recommends it as a tailsmen of money-attracting magic.”

The Rhodochrosite ring is another story though. It does not look like it does in the picture. It doesn’t at all have an antique feel to it and looks rather goofy to me. The gemstone is pretty, but the setting ruins it. I’m returning it today. It is not worth $39.95 or even $19.95.

Overall, I am happy with my experience with this store though. Hopefully they will submit my return in a timely fashion. If you also like this type of store, check them out and signup for a free catalogue.

4 comments:

BIBI said...

I am sorry for your lost of $40.00. What a bummer! Hopefully, you'll have better luck next time.

Sheri, RN said...

It isn't really lost, I'll get a refund on the ring I didn't like. :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty ring!

Anonymous said...

That sucks that the other ring didn't work out. I hate when something looks completely different once you have it than when it did in an image! At least the other green one is mighty pretty!