December 17, 2008

Playstation Home

As I’ve recently posted, I don’t have any of the new consoles. Hell, I don’t even have a PS2 anymore since my 2nd one I’ve bought broke this year. So, I’ve been in the market for a new one. I didn’t know which one I wanted really – until now!

Playstation 3 is now offering something called Playstation Home. It is going into Open Beta tomorrow, and if I had a PS3 I’d be on trying this out. As stated from their website, it is “an ever evolving, always changing, organic experience — full of new friends to meet, new events to enjoy, and new content to explore.”

There are parties, tournaments, events, concerts and more. Check out the Playstation Home Forums for more information. You can also chat with friends, setup multiplayer gaming, listen to streaming music, watch movies and play minigames. Home is also partnering up with Diesel, Red Bull, Paramount Pictures, Activision, Disney, Eidos, Electronic Arts, Lucas Arts, THQ, Ubisoft and Sony Pictures.

Once you're in Home's world, you can chat with friends, set up multiplayer gaming sessions, listen to streaming music, watch movies, and play minigames. It'll be a familiar layout to anyone who's played with other virtual worlds like World of Warcraft, Runescape, or even Second Life, the anything-goes social world that Home most resembles. Sony has already lined up an impressive range of partners -- including Red Bull, Diesel, and Paramount Pictures -- who'll be offering sponsored content inside Home.

Whenever I end up actually buying a new console, I am going to get this one. Hmmm, maybe I should write Santa a letter and hope for the best.

Do you have a PS3? Are you excited about this new feature, or are you already using it?

1 comment:

Nickie. said...

NO!!! Not the PS3!!!!! Jk.

I heart my Xbox.

And you can do all that on there toooo. Already! You can chat with friends via a mic, messaging or Xbox Live Cam. You can play multi-player games in almost every game out there, you can download movies, music, themes, etc etc.

Yes, I'm totally trying to persuade you to get an Xbox. =)

Love your blog btw! Even if you do get a PS3. (haha)